+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Bulut talks/delay. Is it the club delaying or bulut?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Bulut talks/delay. Is it the club delaying or bulut?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I mentioned on here that I feel Bulut, with a bit of help from Dalman, has played the media game well since he arrived to the extent that the hacks tend to be eating from his hands in many of the pre game briefings I've seen.
    That might explain why all the local coverage seems to be very pro Bulut at the moment. WOL ran a opinion piece saying it would be madness not to keep him, and BBC Wales Sport have in the last 24 hours run stories listing fans' views on Bulut (all of which desperately want him to stay), comparing his win ratio (but not his loss ratio) to other Cardiff managers and telling us how Steven Caulker (who Bulut signed twice in Turkey) thinks he's the man for the job.
    I know a lot a Cardiff fans would agree with all of that, but a lot wouldn't. Doesn't seem very balanced to me.

Re: Bulut talks/delay. Is it the club delaying or bulut?

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    That might explain why all the local coverage seems to be very pro Bulut at the moment. WOL ran a opinion piece saying it would be madness not to keep him, and BBC Wales Sport have in the last 24 hours run stories listing fans' views on Bulut (all of which desperately want him to stay), comparing his win ratio (but not his loss ratio) to other Cardiff managers and telling us how Steven Caulker (who Bulut signed twice in Turkey) thinks he's the man for the job.
    I know a lot a Cardiff fans would agree with all of that, but a lot wouldn't. Doesn't seem very balanced to me.
    I suppose there's a natural inclination not to upset important people at the club is something to do with it - the one person among those running the club off the pitch who may be anti Bulut does not spend much time in this country, so I can understand that attitude to a degree, but the media aren't giving a true reflection of how Bulut is perceived by many City fans in my view. I don't know what the proportions would be, but although I doubt if it's a majority who want him out, I think it's not unrealistic to say a sizeable minority do and not all of them are mad, as some in the media claim, by any means.