+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bulut talks/delay. Is it the club delaying or bulut?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Bulut talks/delay. Is it the club delaying or bulut?

The arguments for him staying seem to break down into:

1) "He's done a fantastic job in getting us a mid-table finish following a couple of relegation-threatened years and I'm confident that with a few new players we can push for promotion next season";
    2) "We've had too many managers in the past few years so even though I'm not totally convinced I think we should stick with him";
    3) "I'm not overly keen on Bulut staying but we'll probably end up with someone worse if he goes".

Would be interesting to know what the split is.

For me the question has to be asked alongside the one about who would replace him if he leaves.

If Jurgen Klopp fancies a couple of years in Cardiff then I want Bulut to leave.

If we are looking at Mick Mcarthy / Ian Holloway / Paul Ince then I want Bulut to stay

International

Quote Originally Posted by Grangenders View Post
    For me the question has to be asked alongside the one about who would replace him if he leaves.

If Jurgen Klopp fancies a couple of years in Cardiff then I want Bulut to leave.

If we are looking at Mick Mcarthy / Ian Holloway / Paul Ince then I want Bulut to stay
    Darren Purse or Morison again more likely.

It's all academic now as he's off to Fiorentina!

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/ca...iorentina-job/

International

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post

Let's hope he can use that to his advantage when negotiating a team budget for next season, as long as it's not smoke and mirrors and the club pretending and going through the motions.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Let's hope he can use that to his advantage when negotiating a team budget for next season, as long as it's not smoke and mirrors and the club pretending and going through the motions.
    You don't believe that nonsense (Fiorentina being after him), do you?

International

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    You don't believe that nonsense (Fiorentina being after him), do you?
    Nah probably the work of agents or friends in the game, but we will never know and it might put him in a better negotiating position.

Nah probably the work of agents or friends in the game, but we will never know and it might put him in a better negotiating position.
    Ding ding ding

Nice to see Erol's agent is working hard with the Turkish press, I expect he'll be linked with the Liverpool job next

so Darren Purse our new Gaffer next season then

They've seen his AC Milan 1990s style and want to replicate it

Why are people (pro Bulut) so adamant we will go for a Purse type appointment? Its almost like they are trying to spread fear "Keep him or we could end up with.."

Our last 2 managers have been experienced appointments, we would have time to bring in a new one over the summer.

Even if it was Purse, who knows how he would perform? Why judge him before he's managed a game? You are basing one inexperienced manager on the failed appointments of others. Nobody knows how Purse would do if given the role.

Its weird how people are happy to get so behind Bulut, but are writing off a man who played for the club for years and who has done a good job with the academy, based mostly on their dislike of Tan and the thought process that it would be a cheap appointment. I thought we backed our own at CCFC?

International

Quote Originally Posted by Dembe View Post
    Why are people (pro Bulut) so adamant we will go for a Purse type appointment? Its almost like they are trying to spread fear "Keep him or we could end up with.."

Our last 2 managers have been experienced appointments, we would have time to bring in a new one over the summer.

Even if it was Purse, who knows how he would perform? Why judge him before he's managed a game? You are basing one inexperienced manager on the failed appointments of others. Nobody knows how Purse would do if given the role.

Its weird how people are happy to get so behind Bulut, but are writing off a man who played for the club for years and who has done a good job with the academy, based mostly on their dislike of Tan and the thought process that it would be a cheap appointment. I thought we backed our own at CCFC?
    Because he appointed Morison, Hudson and Trollope and all were sh!te.

Because he appointed Morison, Hudson and Trollope and all were sh!te.
    Ans thats a reason to automatically dismiss Purse? You COULD give him a chance if appointed, or stop fear mongering and wait and see what we do if Bulut doesn't sign. This Bulut or doom attitude

International

Quote Originally Posted by Dembe View Post
    Ans thats a reason to automatically dismiss Purse? You COULD give him a chance if appointed, or stop fear mongering and wait and see what we do if Bulut doesn't sign. This Bulut or doom attitude
    He's struggling getting wins out of a talented bunch of under 21's

No chance we've been there before https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football...s/cp0gjgggl1po

He's struggling getting wins out of a talented bunch of under 21's

No chance we've been there before https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football...s/cp0gjgggl1po
    You're talking about Purse but you've added a link to Morison.

I haven't seen the squad Purse has had at his disposal all year, you'd have to ask one of the "development squad thread" experts. I cant imagine he's had a full strength team to pick from mind, I can think of a few who have been missing all season.

Length of contract the issue according to this
    https://twitter.com/PaulAbbandonato/...31332113076678

If that is true, if Bulut does stay, I don't think he has merited more than a 1 year deal.

International

If that is true, if Bulut does stay, I don't think he has merited more than a 1 year deal.
    He wants to move his family over according to some so wants a longer-term deal, who knows it's all speculation, I have a feeling Tan won't offer a decent deal anyway, but we'll soon find out.

Is the other stuff about Starbucks significant for City? I would have thought that any business difficulties for Vincent Tan would increase the chances of him looking to offload City.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Is the other stuff about Starbucks significant for City? I would have thought that any business difficulties for Vincent Tan would increase the chances of him looking to offload City.
    No, it's completely irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by JumpersforGoalposts View Post
    No, it's completely irrelevant.
    Care to elaborate?

Care to elaborate?
    Starbucks in Malaysia is a franchise, its only connection to Starbucks in the USA is the brand name and what it calls some of the products.
    The Malaysian operation is substantially owned by one of Vincent Tan's businesses and he is seeking to buy out the minority interest according to reports in Malaysia.

Starbucks taking a hit on the stock market might not be relevant, but apparently there have been widespread boycotts of some companies in Malaysia that are perceived to have been directly or indirectly supporting Israel in the current Conflict.
    I think McDonald's Israel announced that they gave money to support the Israeli military, which obviously didn't go down well in Malaysia. however due to the franchise system it isn't really anything to do with each other.

If Tan was reluctant to open talks at all he's not going to offer more than 1 year is he, maybe with another year depending on performance?