+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: For the older posters on here

For the older posters on here

The Readers Digest will cease to be printed in the UK from today.
    I’ve never bought an edition myself, but always remember my Dad getting them when I was a kid.
    They were actually a great read. I used to love the “Laughter is the best medicine” section.

Re: For the older posters on here

Haven't seen one of those in ages!
    Always seemed to be in waiting rooms.
    Trouble was, if you got it yourself, you'd get inundated with junk mail and "offers", plus you'd be congratulated that you had made it through the first/second round of the prize draw (did anyone ever get informed that they'd NOT made it through?)

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    The Readers Digest will cease to be printed in the UK from today.
    I’ve never bought an edition myself, but always remember my Dad getting them when I was a kid.
    They were actually a great read. I used to love the “Laughter is the best medicine” section.
    Had to clear out my mum's house a couple of years back and they had the books as well as the "magazine" type publication and had a quick flick through some of them and yes the laughter section brought back fond memories - suppose they are known as dad jokes now??

Really good for their day and I know my parents had great value from them 👍

I remember Readers Wives ?

Fiesta

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    Haven't seen one of those in ages!
    Always seemed to be in waiting rooms.
    Trouble was, if you got it yourself, you'd get inundated with junk mail and "offers", plus you'd be congratulated that you had made it through the first/second round of the prize draw (did anyone ever get informed that they'd NOT made it through?)
    My old man used to have a pile of them in the toilet

First Team

Those and Punch magazine were the reading material of choice for dental surgeries all over.

Quote Originally Posted by Majorblue View Post
    Those and Punch magazine were the reading material of choice for dental surgeries all over.
    Yeah and they were always ten years old too.

Quote Originally Posted by Majorblue View Post
    You never got to finish an article though, because as soon as you found something interesting to read, you were called in for your appointment.