Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
Very philosophical, but it's football we're talking about here, nothing more.

I don't know about you, but I'd like to watch a Cardiff City side that looks genuinely better than the opposition once in a while. I'd like to see the team do some crazy stuff like score three or more goals in a game occasionally, or beat their opponents by two or more goals now and then - things Bulut's boys haven't managed in six long, tedious months.

I've been watching City for almost fifty years. During that time I've seen plenty of really poor Bluebirds sides and numerous seasons have proved a tough watch due to the lack of quality on display. However, I genuinely can't remember another season in which a City team produced such sterile, insipid football on such a regular basis. Bulut's approach is not only boring but borders on cowardly at times - the home games against Leicester and Leeds being the prime examples.

I've long since passed the point where the results matter a great deal to me. The re-brand saga changed my outlook significantly and I'm sure age is playing its part too, but I'm at the stage now where I just want to see some decent, progressive, entertaining football once in a while. Judging by the numbers of empty seats at the CCS in recent months, I can confidently say I'm not alone in feeling that way.
Back on 8 February2022, we beat Peterborough 4-0 at Cardiff City Stadium and a week later, we followed it up by beating Coventry 2-0 at home. Since then, we’ve played fifty four times in the league at home and only once in that time have we scored more than two in a game (when we beat Coventry 3-2 around six months ago). For more than two seasons the closest thing we’ve had to doling out a thrashing to any one in own stadium has been in four 2-0 wins (all our other home wins since February 2022 have been by single goal margins). Strangely, it’s been the wurzels (twice) and the jacks who have been on the end of three of these “batterings”, with what’s widely considered the worst Championship team in years, Rotherham, the other ones to leave Cardiff licking their wounds.

It goes without saying that Bulut cannot be held responsible for more than about forty per cent of these games, but I think the club and those covering the club in the media should be aware that, as others have remarked, watching City feels like a chore these days for many of their supporters.