+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

View Poll Results: Would you prefer Bulut to stay or go?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • Prefer Bulut to stay

29 56.86%
  • Prefer Bulut to go

22 43.14%

Thread: Would you want Bulut to stay of go

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Would you want Bulut to stay of go

Go. Definitely. 100%.

"We need stability," some claim. Under Bulut, I'm fairly certain stability will equate to more tedious, sterile mediocrity. Of course, there are those among us who actively embrace mediocrity, but it should be noted that some of loudest in that respect never actually go to matches, so they don't have to watch the garbage that is being served up on a regular basis.

If Bulut ends up staying (and I believe he will), I sincerely hope the entertainment levels will increase, and significantly, but based on the raft of evidence from this season, I very much doubt they will.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Go. Definitely. 100%.

"We need stability," some claim. Under Bulut, I'm fairly certain stability will equate to more tedious, sterile mediocrity. Of course, there are those among us who actively embrace mediocrity, but it should be noted that some of loudest in that respect never actually go to matches, so they don't have to watch the garbage that is being served up on a regular basis.

If Bulut ends up staying (and I believe he will), I sincerely hope the entertainment levels will increase, and significantly, but based on the raft of evidence from this season, I very much doubt they will.
    If he does stay then the football won't get better, how can it, he has a way of playing and I don't think he will ever deviate from that. The only crumb of hope is if he can identify a group of players who can implement what he wants. It will still be tedious, but maybe affective.

People on here going on about someone like josh Bowler getting doubled up on and things just fizzing out,saying how can that change with any player we have. It can, Bulut might not care about Bowler or whoever getting doubled up on or isolated, but he might want a player who has the intelligence to get something out of a situation like that. A free kick, even a throw in or a corner. People make the mistake of thinking that a wide players role is to just go past a defender. The other thing is that when Bowler was doubled up on there's a space left because someone has come out. Bulut may want a midfield player with the intelligence to exploit that space.

I want him gone, I can't even watch games anymore, they vote me senseless. Although I do believe that Bulut is tactical, and he's no dummy, he just has this awful way of playing football.

Go. Definitely. 100%.

Entertainment is subjective, finding joy often requires a shift in focus from seeking mere entertainment to embracing the things that bring true fulfillment.

You've been going to the city a very long time, i doubt for most of that, it was ever the actual football.

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    Entertainment is subjective, finding joy often requires a shift in focus from seeking mere entertainment to embracing the things that bring true fulfillment.

You've been going to the city a very long time, i doubt for most of that, it was ever the actual football.
    No, I’ve been bored stiff for most of this season. If you’d have told me back in August we’d get around fifteen more points and finish about ten places higher, I would have assumed the entertainment factor would be much higher than the previous season, but, with two or three exceptions, I’ve seen no great difference from 22/23 except we’re scoring from corners again - I’ve never liked teams that play with just one genuine attacking player in home games and that’s not changed because it’s my team that's now doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    No, I’ve been bored stiff for most of this season. If you’d have told me back in August we’d get around fifteen more points and finish about ten places higher, I would have assumed the entertainment factor would be much higher than the previous season, but, with two or three exceptions, I’ve seen no great difference from 22/23 except we’re scoring from corners again - I’ve never liked teams that play with just one genuine attacking player in home games and that’s not changed because it’s my team that's now doing it.
    As stated, it's subjective, but I don't recall you ever being so outspoken (although you do blog, so I might need to double-check) about the concept of 'entertaining' football until now. From what I remember, our team hasn't been playing exciting football for years, and now Bulut seems solely responsible for some dramatic change in style (that never really existed did it?). Did he sh1t in your hat?

As stated, it's subjective, but I don't recall you ever being so outspoken (although you do blog, so I might need to double-check) about the concept of 'entertaining' football until now. From what I remember, our team hasn't been playing exciting football for years, and now Bulut seems solely responsible for some dramatic change in style (that never really existed did it?). Did he sh1t in your hat?
    I know you've asked Bob, but here's my answer anyway.

For me it's a culmination of years and years of dross, hard to watch, boring football. It's not specific to Bulut, but he is the straw that broke the camels back. I am done, I cant take no more. Others have a stronger threshold and thats fine, I have been called negative for wanting to see better, thats fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Dembe View Post

For me it's a culmination of years and years of dross, hard to watch, boring football. It's not specific to Bulut, but he is the straw that broke the camels back. I am done, I cant take no more. Others have a stronger threshold and thats fine, I have been called negative for wanting to see better, thats fine.
    That’s much like I feel, but maybe it’s worse this time because the improvement in points and position has not been matched when it comes to entertainment.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    That’s much like I feel, but maybe it’s worse this time because the improvement in points and position has not been matched when it comes to entertainment.
    Can understand people wanting him to stay for some stability, and the league position has improved, but like you I don't think its sustainable over a long period to play like he does, ive got no facts to back it up its purely my own opinion. I think we have been lucky in picking up some of the points we have and we could easily fall into the "lower" end of the safe teams next season. Warnock had money to spend after we got relegated, had experience in the league and decades overall as a manager, he had the players to play his way and ultimately struggled even with better players than he started out with. What he tried worked for a while but it soon gets worked out when they have no plan b...Bulut and Warnock have no plan b!!

Ive really gone off on a tangent there, sorry.

It's okay, he jumped into something asked of somebody else .
    I agree, but its almost venomous that its a singular person for what has been years of dross. That's what i'm looking to understand, or where do i buy those nostalgia glasses!

It's okay, he jumped into something asked of somebody else .
    I agree, but its almost venomous that its a singular person for what has been years of dross. That's what i'm looking to understand, or where do i buy those nostalgia glasses!
    I've let my emotions get the better of me when it comes to Bulut, call it pashun

International

I know where you were coming from, most if feel it we've been here before the disappointment after Malky then Ole Gunner messing everything up, then Slade copped it, I hated the football and it was a downer, but looking back he did a good job and was needed to stop the rot. Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse, Trollope!

If Bulut does stay he needs to be backed and he needs to improve the attacking performance and give the fans something back, I think he can, but understand that some people don't think he can, and that's probably whats polrising peopled positions.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    I know where you were coming from, most if feel it we've been here before the disappointment after Malky then Ole Gunner messing everything up, then Slade copped it, I hated the football and it was a downer, but looking back he did a good job and was needed to stop the rot. Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse, Trollope!

If Bulut does stay he needs to be backed and he needs to improve the attacking performance and give the fans something back, I think he can, but understand that some people don't think he can, and that's probably whats polrising peopled positions.
    Warnock was backed and we got Warnockball on steroids. Same happens with this guy.

Very philosophical, but it's football we're talking about here, nothing more.

I don't know about you, but I'd like to watch a Cardiff City side that looks genuinely better than the opposition once in a while. I'd like to see the team do some crazy stuff like score three or more goals in a game occasionally, or beat their opponents by two or more goals now and then - things Bulut's boys haven't managed in six long, tedious months.

I've been watching City for almost fifty years. During that time I've seen plenty of really poor Bluebirds sides and numerous seasons have proved a tough watch due to the lack of quality on display. However, I genuinely can't remember another season in which a City team produced such sterile, insipid football on such a regular basis. Bulut's approach is not only boring but borders on cowardly at times - the home games against Leicester and Leeds being the prime examples.

I've long since passed the point where the results matter a great deal to me. The re-brand saga changed my outlook significantly and I'm sure age is playing its part too, but I'm at the stage now where I just want to see some decent, progressive, entertaining football once in a while. Judging by the numbers of empty seats at the CCS in recent months, I can confidently say I'm not alone in feeling that way.

Very philosophical, but it's football we're talking about here, nothing more.

I don't know about you, but I'd like to watch a Cardiff City side that looks genuinely better than the opposition once in a while. I'd like to see the team do some crazy stuff like score three or more goals in a game occasionally, or beat their opponents by two or more goals now and then - things Bulut's boys haven't managed in six long, tedious months.

I've been watching City for almost fifty years. During that time I've seen plenty of really poor Bluebirds sides and numerous seasons have proved a tough watch due to the lack of quality on display. However, I genuinely can't remember another season in which a City team produced such sterile, insipid football on such a regular basis. Bulut's approach is not only boring but borders on cowardly at times - the home games against Leicester and Leeds being the prime examples.

I've long since passed the point where the results matter a great deal to me. The re-brand saga changed my outlook significantly and I'm sure age is playing its part too, but I'm at the stage now where I just want to see some decent, progressive, entertaining football once in a while. Judging by the numbers of empty seats at the CCS in recent months, I can confidently say I'm not alone in feeling that way.
    Back on 8 February2022, we beat Peterborough 4-0 at Cardiff City Stadium and a week later, we followed it up by beating Coventry 2-0 at home. Since then, we’ve played fifty four times in the league at home and only once in that time have we scored more than two in a game (when we beat Coventry 3-2 around six months ago). For more than two seasons the closest thing we’ve had to doling out a thrashing to any one in own stadium has been in four 2-0 wins (all our other home wins since February 2022 have been by single goal margins). Strangely, it’s been the wurzels (twice) and the jacks who have been on the end of three of these “batterings”, with what’s widely considered the worst Championship team in years, Rotherham, the other ones to leave Cardiff licking their wounds.

It goes without saying that Bulut cannot be held responsible for more than about forty per cent of these games, but I think the club and those covering the club in the media should be aware that, as others have remarked, watching City feels like a chore these days for many of their supporters.