+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

View Poll Results: Would you prefer Bulut to stay or go?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • Prefer Bulut to stay

29 56.86%
  • Prefer Bulut to go

22 43.14%

Thread: Would you want Bulut to stay of go

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Would you want Bulut to stay of go

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    Warnock and Hoilett & Mendez-Laing, don't remember any after that, mainly strikers cutting in, who you thinking of aside from Big Phil in the Tights mentioned (Eric will prove this, O'Dowda has not been a winger at Cardiff by percentages)?
    Someone like Hoilet worked really hard for the team and didn’t shirk defensive duties, but you always knew what he was in the team for - to provide goals himself and the crosses for others to score from. I think Grant has been one of our better players this season, but I’ve watched him during the season and I didn’t think I was watching what I’d call a winger. Ojo could play through the middle, but he was a winger when he played in wide areas - maybe not a good one, but you knew what he was. Gavin Whyte was signed as a winger and the most effective single piece of wing play I’ve seen from the City in recent years was Isaak Davies’ run and cross for Kieffer Moore to score the winner against Huddersfield.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Someone like Hoilet worked really hard for the team and didn’t shirk defensive duties, but you always knew what he was in the team for - to provide goals himself and the crosses for others to score from. I think Grant has been one of our better players this season, but I’ve watched him during the season and I didn’t think I was watching what I’d call a winger. Ojo could play through the middle, but he was a winger when he played in wide areas - maybe not a good one, but you knew what he was. Gavin Whyte was signed as a winger and the most effective single piece of wing play I’ve seen from the City in recent years was Isaak Davies’ run and cross for Kieffer Moore to score the winner against Huddersfield.
    It's incredibly frustrating when Etete finds himself in a position on the halfway to collect the ball, with his back to goal, only to discover that the wingers haven't advanced forward. When he lays it off to players like Ralls, Siopis, or Colwill, they're left with limited options, as Etete remains the most advanced player. It's no wonder he resorts to seeking fouls, it's a thankless task and incredibly frustrating.

However, there are moments of joy when we see three players converge on the touchline, like Colwill, Bowler, and NG, executing seamless interactions and deft touches, same over the other side with Grant and Collins and the Man City lad. That is a pleasure to watch. Its these instances of attack that offer a glimpse of what the team is capable of, and they're a true highlight amidst the frustration. But we go again, even if we keep the manager we are looking at upwards of 6 to 10 in and the same out!

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    It's incredibly frustrating when Etete finds himself in a position on the halfway to collect the ball, with his back to goal, only to discover that the wingers haven't advanced forward. When he lays it off to players like Ralls, Siopis, or Colwill, they're left with limited options, as Etete remains the most advanced player. It's no wonder he resorts to seeking fouls, it's a thankless task and incredibly frustrating.

However, there are moments of joy when we see three players converge on the touchline, like Colwill, Bowler, and NG, executing seamless interactions and deft touches, same over the other side with Grant and Collins and the Man City lad. That is a pleasure to watch. Its these instances of attack that offer a glimpse of what the team is capable of, and they're a true highlight amidst the frustration. But we go again, even if we keep the manager we are looking at upwards of 6 to 10 in and the same out!
    Our squad aren't as crap at attacking and creativity as they appear; they are much more capable individually and as a unit. It's Bulut's tactics and style of play which is suffocating them.

Quote Originally Posted by PontBlue View Post
    Our squad aren't as crap at attacking and creativity as they appear; they are much more capable individually and as a unit. It's Bulut's tactics and style of play which is suffocating them.
    I agree, i think that was my point. At times rather than hit the channels which is what we might be conditioned too under our previous (more entertaining) manager, the current side has a different attitude. However, i assume under his instructions some of that interact play on the touchline has been joyous.

If we went toe to toe, rather than more pragmatic i'd say we'd be more towards the bottom than the middle as Eric stats have shown. There aren't many in our current squad that other teams in our league would see as an upgrade. I think we overachieved.

Could a different manager have got more out this team entertainment* wise, 100%. Could another manager got us comfortable mid-table nearly all season, more difficult to answer but doubtful from me.

* subjective aspect and observation of joy