+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

View Poll Results: Would you prefer Bulut to stay or go?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • Prefer Bulut to stay

29 56.86%
  • Prefer Bulut to go

22 43.14%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Would you want Bulut to stay of go

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    International

Re: Would you want Bulut to stay of go

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    But that proves the logic that Bulut has done exactly what you praise Sheff Weds of doing, Shirley. We were in a relegation dog fights for 2 season which suggests we had players just slightly above league 1. Now we are mid table championship, never been in any real danger of sinking to the depth of the previous 2 seasons, an amazing turn around i'm sure you'd agree?
    Top half potentially ninth with a win on Saturday!

But that proves the logic that Bulut has done exactly what you praise Sheff Weds of doing, Shirley. We were in a relegation dog fights for 2 season which suggests we had players just slightly above league 1. Now we are mid table championship, never been in any real danger of sinking to the depth of the previous 2 seasons, an amazing turn around i'm sure you'd agree?
    It doesnt prove anything, its completely different set of circumstances.

Bulut has had a pre-season, brought some of his own players in, taken players with premier league experience on loan, had two windows (yes one of them was under an embargo but he still was able to bring in Goutas and Siopis, Grant, Bowler.etc) and people are still saying he cant change the style because they are not all his players. Laughable.

The two fellas at QPR and Sheff Weds come into a shitshow 3-4 months into the season and had to work with what theyve got with 1 or 2 additions in January.

Sheff Weds in particular looked dead and buried before Rohl come in and hes not only changed their results but also their style of play too.

International

Quote Originally Posted by sneggyblubird View Post
    I'd like to see him get the players HE wants through the door next season and then judge him.
    Yep, value in Greece, Turkey, and Germany could make the difference in this transfer window without both hands tied behind his back.

50/50 so far interesting!

Quote Originally Posted by sneggyblubird View Post
    I'd like to see him get the players HE wants through the door next season and then judge him.
    I'm sure any manager would be good if they could get all the players they want.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I'm sure any manager would be good if they could get all the players they want.
    Morison, Purse, Hudson, Trollope?

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Morison, Purse, Hudson, Trollope?
    Did they get the players they wanted or were they largely trading with the bargain bucket?

Did they get the players they wanted or were they largely trading with the bargain bucket?
    I'd say only Mackay, Jones, and Warnock got what they wanted but mainly because they stayed more than a season. Trollope according to wiki got in 8 players for about 4 million, 2 good, 1 sold at a massive profit, 1 a strange fans favorite. Warnock in the window didn't spend much and ended up with Bamba and Holiett.

The worst has to be Steve Morrison, whilst money wasn't spent whoever thought 17 new players was a good directions needs to give their head a wobble, especially considering he had managed the youth teams lol! The years of woe for me lay clearly at that door, that window, and those decision makers.

Tip of the hat to Trollope who tried it, didn't work out and went on to continue be a very successful career as an assistant/coach.

International

Probably not, but you said any Manager would be good if they get the players they want, I don't think Morison, Purse, Hudson, or Trollope would be good Managers even if they did, and those are the type of Managers Tan likes and would likely replace Bulut.

I wonder if "Positive Paul" will run a piece on people NOT enjoying the football on offer..or will he continue his Dalman led angle.

Be a man Paul, stop doing what you're told.

20 years ago there would have been over 100 votes in the time scale this poll was up. Those numbers unfortunately show the demise of the message boards

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    20 years ago there would have been over 100 votes in the time scale this poll was up. Those numbers unfortunately show the demise of the message boards
    My mates all use X. I don't like all that crap.

Bulut does have faults, the football has been dreadful, some of his line-ups are far too defensive especially at home and his reluctance to give youth a try until mass injuries was very frustrating.

However, he has guided us to midtable which is a drastic improvement on the past two seasons, we won 3/4 derbies and I think given time he will improve on the things I've criticised him about.

He must be given a 3 year contract.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Doucas View Post
    Bulut does have faults, the football has been dreadful, some of his line-ups are far too defensive especially at home and his reluctance to give youth a try until mass injuries was very frustrating.

However, he has guided us to midtable which is a drastic improvement on the past two seasons, we won 3/4 derbies and I think given time he will improve on the things I've criticised him about.

He must be given a 3 year contract.
    Good post, 58% in favour of this board is better than expected

Unless Erol gets sacked tonight this’ll be the first time we’ve had a manager last a full season since the Warnock Prem year.

Agreed, he now wins every poll I’ve seen.

Stay. Give him a whole pre-season and see what he does by Christmas.

Entertainment is subjective, finding joy often requires a shift in focus from seeking mere entertainment to embracing the things that bring true fulfillment.

You've been going to the city a very long time, i doubt for most of that, it was ever the actual football.
    Not always just the football but most of the disillusionment is from fans who like to see their team approach and go beyond the half way line before 75 minutes. Even the useless teams did that. We don’t expect Brazilian stuff but we want adventurous play.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    Not always just the football but most of the disillusionment is from fans who like to see their team approach and go beyond the half way line before 75 minutes. Even the useless teams did that. We don’t expect Brazilian stuff but we want adventurous play.
    Agree, when did you last think a manager last delivered that, that you enjoyed?

International

Dave Jones, Malky, and Warnock in his way. We've had apprentice Managers since bar McCarthy and Harris (useless) and Bulut is probably copping a lot of built-up frustration.

There were times under Harris that weren’t bad. I enjoyed Warnock for obvious reasons. Dear old Mick started the real dross. He didn’t want to be here.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    There were times under Harris that weren’t bad. I enjoyed Warnock for obvious reasons. Dear old Mick started the real dross. He didn’t want to be here.
    Yeah, enjoyed the stuff under Warnock (i did advocate for him to be fired once promoted though), really struggled with Harris, despite that strange season of reaching the play off. McCarthey i thought did well when arriving but maybe that was the Harris effect more than anything else. Looking back we never had it so good as Lawrence, Jones, & Mackay.*

* The above is strictly my opinion on entertainment, not win rates, XG, set plays, wins, loses, and most importantly the universal standard of league position.

One thing I’d argue is unique to Bulut among recent City managers is his attitude towards wingers. I don’t mean the inverted winger stuff, it’s to do with the fact that even in our most crappy teams in recent years, our wingers were actually wingers. Yes, they might not have been much good and they did their share defensively, but they were in the team, first and foremost, for what it was hoped they could do in the opposition half. It doesn’t feel like that under Bulut - the way Bowler has been used has left me baffled.

What on earth would Bulut have made of Jaden Philogene? My guess is he would have been returned to Villa in January.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    One thing I’d argue is unique to Bulut among recent City managers is his attitude towards wingers. I don’t mean the inverted winger stuff, it’s to do with the fact that even in our most crappy teams in recent years, our wingers were actually wingers. Yes, they might not have been much good and they did their share defensively, but they were in the team, first and foremost, for what it was hoped they could do in the opposition half. It doesn’t feel like that under Bulut - the way Bowler has been used has left me baffled.

What on earth would Bulut have made of Jaden Philogene? My guess is he would have been returned to Villa in January.
    Warnock and Hoilett & Mendez-Laing, don't remember any after that, mainly strikers cutting in, who you thinking of aside from Big Phil in the Tights mentioned (Eric will prove this, O'Dowda has not been a winger at Cardiff by percentages)?

Warnock and Hoilett & Mendez-Laing, don't remember any after that, mainly strikers cutting in, who you thinking of aside from Big Phil in the Tights mentioned (Eric will prove this, O'Dowda has not been a winger at Cardiff by percentages)?
    Someone like Hoilet worked really hard for the team and didn’t shirk defensive duties, but you always knew what he was in the team for - to provide goals himself and the crosses for others to score from. I think Grant has been one of our better players this season, but I’ve watched him during the season and I didn’t think I was watching what I’d call a winger. Ojo could play through the middle, but he was a winger when he played in wide areas - maybe not a good one, but you knew what he was. Gavin Whyte was signed as a winger and the most effective single piece of wing play I’ve seen from the City in recent years was Isaak Davies’ run and cross for Kieffer Moore to score the winner against Huddersfield.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Someone like Hoilet worked really hard for the team and didn’t shirk defensive duties, but you always knew what he was in the team for - to provide goals himself and the crosses for others to score from. I think Grant has been one of our better players this season, but I’ve watched him during the season and I didn’t think I was watching what I’d call a winger. Ojo could play through the middle, but he was a winger when he played in wide areas - maybe not a good one, but you knew what he was. Gavin Whyte was signed as a winger and the most effective single piece of wing play I’ve seen from the City in recent years was Isaak Davies’ run and cross for Kieffer Moore to score the winner against Huddersfield.
    It's incredibly frustrating when Etete finds himself in a position on the halfway to collect the ball, with his back to goal, only to discover that the wingers haven't advanced forward. When he lays it off to players like Ralls, Siopis, or Colwill, they're left with limited options, as Etete remains the most advanced player. It's no wonder he resorts to seeking fouls, it's a thankless task and incredibly frustrating.

However, there are moments of joy when we see three players converge on the touchline, like Colwill, Bowler, and NG, executing seamless interactions and deft touches, same over the other side with Grant and Collins and the Man City lad. That is a pleasure to watch. Its these instances of attack that offer a glimpse of what the team is capable of, and they're a true highlight amidst the frustration. But we go again, even if we keep the manager we are looking at upwards of 6 to 10 in and the same out!