+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Wrexham talking about expanding the racecourse to 55k

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Wrexham talking about expanding the racecourse to 55k

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    So to fill an even 30k stadium you'd be looking at the equivalent of 25% of that area turning up regularly. In the season before Reynolds and McElhenny came in they averaged 4,000, the last time they had an average attendance of 10,000 was 44 years ago

I'm all for ambition, but the idea of Wrexham having a stadium and fanbase of that size is nuts, that would put them above the likes of Everton & Chelsea
    I am not supporting the idea of a big stadium for Wrexham

Even 20 k would be far too big

But it's not like our place is packed week in week out so I think we should save the bow and arrows

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post

But it's not like our place is packed week in week out so I think we should save the bow and arrows
    If it was people walking through turnstiles announced rather than including absent season ticket holders I'd say wrexham are already having more people watching them at home than we are in the Last 2 seasons in national league and league 2.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post

In th Championship? Could do it with support from North Wales. Don't base your opinion on Wrexham attendances from crap in the 80s.