Quote Originally Posted by llan bluebird View Post
The Jacks type of owners are kind of sinister and scary.

I get the old school owner like Grogan, Clemo. Local business men trying to do their bit for their local team. They become a bit of a local celebrity and use the position to get more business (in theory)

The you have your Jack Warners, big money, prepated to lose a bit to give back to their community as a sort of fairy godmother

Then the bored billionaires. They rarely make their pastime pay, whether that be horses, cycling teams, F1 or football teams. But it gives them an interest outside thier world, lots of noteriety and fame then write off most of the losses against tax in the holding company

This faceless hedge fund lot are in it for a 10% or more year on year return of their investment. They are measuring up the assets and selling at the right price. I think the Jacks are entering a bad place. Not sure they have anything to sell now, so it will be slashing costs next.
This faceless hedge fund lot are in it for a 10% or more year on year return of their investment. They are measuring up the assets and selling at the right price. I think the Jacks are entering a bad place. Not sure they have anything to sell now, so it will be slashing costs next.

Love it, I think you are right