+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Sky Prediction Of General Election

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Sky Prediction Of General Election

Evening.

The cynicism is understandable. I also suspect that 14 years of Conservative wins may create the scepticism. Starmer is no Blair or Thatcher. . I think Cameron would be third behind those two. But Sunak isn’t anywhere near. He isn’t as bad as Truss but I would put even John Major and Edward Heath above this goon. Perhaps even William Hague was better. I would say that Sunak is the Iain Duncan-Smith of 2024. I always come back to the 3 P’s: Policy, Personality and Persuasion. He has none. He is a sad little spreadsheet jockey and that is it. Empty shell, nothing to tell.

I would also remind of you of these points:

- Governments of 10 years or more are bloody rare. 14 is long in the tooth. Probability is hugely tilted against the Conservatives. Either you have to be special to win beyond 10 years, or the opponents have to be in a right mess in order to win again. For Blair and Thatcher this was true. Neither are true this time.

- Despite your reservation with Starmer and his lack of stardust, it is a relative game, not absolute. Starmer is average, but Sunak is the Daschund’s dog shit. Starmer is relatively better. Sunak is tainted.

- Funding. Labour are stealing the major backers of Conservatives: private equity, large banks and elite construction firms are all turning to Labour. Money funds campaigns.

- Economy: This is often the Conservatives calling card. Not this time. Inflation is sticky. By the time the November election comes it will be higher and interest rates too. Nobody feels good except the rich. You can’t win on that ticket.

- Perception: As with Major’s 1997 mob this governments has lost all it’s competent big beasts. Cabinet members are now no more competent than the Welsh assembly AMs, are bent or corrupt or sound useless. They don’t act nor sound like one.

- Credibility: Sunak is failing on 4 of his 5 promises: his credibility is a cooked goose

- NHS: In tatters.’In tatters’ matters to most people and the fact it is worsening and doctors local services being in a national mess will be too billing at the next election

- Key Battlegrounds: Labour are walking it on low turnout. Sunak is delaying a straight fight aa he is gambling on an economic fairytale by November. The fairy will have no tale to tell. That is for the birds.

There is no redeeming feature about Sunak at all. He is a spoilt, husband of a billionaire inheritee, with offshore activities, zero personality, zero charm, zero humour, zero track record, zero ideas ans surrounded by baboons with zero capability. He will be royally bummed in the general election, and I hope he fails to find the lube.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Soze View Post
    Evening.

The cynicism is understandable. I also suspect that 14 years of Conservative wins may create the scepticism. Starmer is no Blair or Thatcher. . I think Cameron would be third behind those two. But Sunak isn’t anywhere near. He isn’t as bad as Truss but I would put even John Major and Edward Heath above this goon. Perhaps even William Hague was better. I would say that Sunak is the Iain Duncan-Smith of 2024. I always come back to the 3 P’s: Policy, Personality and Persuasion. He has none. He is a sad little spreadsheet jockey and that is it. Empty shell, nothing to tell.

- Governments of 10 years or more are bloody rare. 14 is long in the tooth. Probability is hugely tilted against the Conservatives. Either you have to be special to win beyond 10 years, or the opponents have to be in a right mess in order to win again. For Blair and Thatcher this was true. Neither are true this time.

- Despite your reservation with Starmer and his lack of stardust, it is a relative game, not absolute. Starmer is average, but Sunak is the Daschund’s dog shit. Starmer is relatively better. Sunak is tainted.

- Funding. Labour are stealing the major backers of Conservatives: private equity, large banks and elite construction firms are all turning to Labour. Money funds campaigns.

- Economy: This is often the Conservatives calling card. Not this time. Inflation is sticky. By the time the November election comes it will be higher and interest rates too. Nobody feels good except the rich. You can’t win on that ticket.

- Perception: As with Major’s 1997 mob this governments has lost all it’s competent big beasts. Cabinet members are now no more competent than the Welsh assembly AMs, are bent or corrupt or sound useless. They don’t act nor sound like one.

- Credibility: Sunak is failing on 4 of his 5 promises: his credibility is a cooked goose

- NHS: In tatters.’In tatters’ matters to most people and the fact it is worsening and doctors local services being in a national mess will be too billing at the next election

- Key Battlegrounds: Labour are walking it on low turnout. Sunak is delaying a straight fight aa he is gambling on an economic fairytale by November. The fairy will have no tale to tell. That is for the birds.

There is no redeeming feature about Sunak at all. He is a spoilt, husband of a billionaire inheritee, with offshore activities, zero personality, zero charm, zero humour, zero track record, zero ideas ans surrounded by baboons with zero capability. He will be royally bummed in the general election, and I hope he fails to find the lube.
    Cameron? The dodgy genius who came up with the Brexit referendum because he was sure the result would be remain? I’d put him above the four who came after him, but none of the other Prime Ministers I’ve seen.

As for Starmer, he’s a lucky man because it would appear that the election when it finally comes will almost certainly rest on the great swathes of the country that have decided this Government has to go - I detect no enthusiasm for Starmer as PM, but it’s hard to see how it doesn’t happen now.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Soze View Post
    Evening.

My breakdown of the Prime Ministers of my lifetime.

MacMillan and Douglas-Home, I can remember them being PM, but I was only eight at the time, so no opinion on them.
    Wilson, wouldn't trust him an inch, but a shrewd politician.
    Heath, a one nation Tory, stubborn and I'm not sure he was temperamentally suited for the job.
    Callaghan, not much good - he made a big mistake in not calling an election in autumn 1978 and I don't say that with the benefit of hindsight, I thought it at the time.
    Thatcher - hated her, but cannot deny that she changed the country and so was a very significant politician.
    Major, think he gets a bad and somewhat unfair press, had an almost impossible job, but winning in 1992 was impressive even it ended up being a poisoned chalice.
    Blair, my first impression was I don't like you, but that opinion mellowed until the invasion of Iraq - that will define his career, but he was a substantial figure who got a lot right.
    Brown, think his heart was in the right place, but another who may not have been suited temperamentally to be PM.
    Cameron, caricature tory (was never going to effectively sell the "we're all in it together" line), had an air of authority, but his judgment was flawed.
    May, conscientious, but ineffective - has the ever been a worse election campaigner than her in 2017?
    Johnson, charismatic (never seen it myself mind), but a serial liar - should never have been allowed within a million miles of the job because he never treated it with the respect it deserves.
    Truss,
    Sunak, petulant, with nothing in common with the ordinary "man/woman in the street" and zero political skills.

Politicians shouldn't need stardust. That's how shallow our Country and the World has become.

I want my Politicians to be competent, honest, decent people who have the best interests of the Country at heart.