+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: you can't polish a turd!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

you can't polish a turd!

for everyone's sake a fresh start now.

Re: you can't polish a turd!

How do we do that with so many contracts.

Relegation sometimes is the answer ask Ipswich .

perhaps he is just referring to the bullet shaped turd

No you cannot polish a turd - but you can roll it in glitter.

Quote Originally Posted by 19bluebirds27 View Post
    No you cannot polish a turd - but you can roll it in glitter.
    There's an idea for my son's school Christmas decoration stall.

Hes been here less than a year

How long are we looking to give managers these days ?

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post

What’s the average championship manager this season? I think only Ipswich and Coventry had managers over 2 years. It’s about getting the right manager, stability in the championship is nonsense. You can stay there isn’t huge red flags over Bulut.

You look at someone like Boro, ok they haven’t gone up but they have an idea, a plan. I can’t tell you what our plan is other than set plays.

We are the same team we were on day 1 than day 330 or whatever. You can like it or lump it but Bulut isn't going to change. This is what we're going to get.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    We are the same team we were on day 1 than day 330 or whatever. You can like it or lump it but Bulut isn't going to change. This is what we're going to get.
    We are about 8 places , at least , better than we were last season

We are certainly not the same team

We are about 8 places , at least , better than we were last season

We are certainly not the same team
    Very fortunately I’d say, look at our goal difference…..that’s kind of where we should be

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Very fortunately I’d say, look at our goal difference…..that’s kind of where we should be
    In virtually every statistical sense our season was rubbish apart from being able to find wins out of nothing. In most regards we were a bottom half side last season, particularly from November onwards. I can't decide whether I'd want Bulut in or not, my mind changes on this, but I don't think he's the messiah that some fans are portraying.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    What’s the average championship manager this season? I think only Ipswich and Coventry had managers over 2 years. It’s about getting the right manager, stability in the championship is nonsense. You can stay there isn’t huge red flags over Bulut.

You look at someone like Boro, ok they haven’t gone up but they have an idea, a plan. I can’t tell you what our plan is other than set plays.
    Birmingham City have chopped 2 managers this season

They got relegated

Birmingham City have chopped 2 managers this season

They got relegated
    Sheffield Wednesday were in the bottom 3, got a new manager in and survived.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Sheffield Wednesday were in the bottom 3, got a new manager in and survived.
    So what's the difference between the side we had last season which would have gone down if it wasn't for Reading being completely fecked by points ......

And this team which finished mid table

Even though half the time they looked half asleep

Either Bulut has done an OK job ......and 12th is OK

Or I am a jack bastard

Yet you and a few others want him gone

It's fecking idiotic

So what's the difference between the side we had last season which would have gone down if it wasn't for Reading being completely fecked by points ......
    That's how it looked, yet we were safe before the last game of the season. It's also worth pointing out that, if we'd beaten Rotherham the day the rains came, we'd have survived sooner than we did. Yes, the end of season table showed Reading went down because of their points deduction but the reality of the situation was very different.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    That's how it looked, yet we were safe before the last game of the season. It's also worth pointing out that, if we'd beaten Rotherham the day the rains came, we'd have survived sooner than we did. Yes, the end of season table showed Reading went down because of their points deduction but the reality of the situation was very different.
    Reading either went down because of the points deduction or they didn't. If they hadn't had the points deducted where would they have finished Eric? And therefore where would City have finished? Simple question really.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Reading either went down because of the points deduction or they didn't. If they hadn't had the points deducted where would they have finished Eric? And therefore where would City have finished? Simple question really.
    When did we avoid relegation? The last game of the season, or before then?

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    I know exactly what Eric means. We were safe after the Stoke home game and there were still 2 games to go. We've seen today what can happen when there is nothing to play for.

Last season in our penultimate game we came up against a Huddersfield team fighting for survival and their attitude that day was spot on. So the final table indicates that barring Reading's points deduction we would have been relegated but there's far more to it than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    I know exactly what Eric means. We were safe after the Stoke home game and there were still 2 games to go. We've seen today what can happen when there is nothing to play for.

Last season in our penultimate game we came up against a Huddersfield team fighting for survival and their attitude that day was spot on. So the final table indicates that barring Reading's points deduction we would have been relegated but there's far more to it than that.
    Exactly…Leicester 0 Blackburn 2 is a prime example of the foot coming off the pedal when things are done and dusted.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Exactly…Leicester 0 Blackburn 2 is a prime example of the foot coming off the pedal when things are done and dusted.
    As was Man Utd 0 Cardiff City 2, but we’re not allowed to suggest that according to some.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    As was Man Utd 0 Cardiff City 2, but we’re not allowed to suggest that according to some.
    I was going to mention that but decided to leave that can of worms alone. As we know, many idiots blame the offside goal against Chelsea for our relegation.