+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Cardiff humiliated on final day of season as “we want you to stay” choruses still ring out.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Cardiff humiliated on final day of season as “we want you to stay” choruses still ring out.

We scored 20 goals from set pieces this season, the highest in the Championship. Is this a part of the Bulut masterplan, because if it isn't and they dry up next season our points tally will reflect the dire quality of our football.

Re: Cardiff humiliated on final day of season as “we want you to stay” choruses still ring out.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    We scored 20 goals from set pieces this season, the highest in the Championship. Is this a part of the Bulut masterplan, because if it isn't and they dry up next season our points tally will reflect the dire quality of our football.
    We've scored 12 more goals this season than last season. We scored 13 more goals from set pieces this season than last season.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    We've scored 12 more goals this season than last season. We scored 13 more goals from set pieces this season than last season.
    I think those stats back up my argument - take away our set pieces and we're a relegation side.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    I think those stats back up my argument - take away our set pieces and we're a relegation side.
    That's it in a nutshell. Set pieces, late winners, recovering from being behind in games, they're the reason we finished in the top half. That's the winning mentality that Bulut created, almost a British Bulldog approach. Virtually every statistic from this season makes for grim reading, other than the number of wins we've achieved. To some, those wins matter more than anything else. To others, those stats cause concerns. Nobody is right or wrong to feel like that, of course.