+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Managers you have LIKED at Cardiff City

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Managers you have LIKED at Cardiff City

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Vincent and Powell were injured an awful lot, Smith was hopeless for us. Scoular decided to break the team up at the start of 72/73 and with David Goldstone coming on to the Board, there was quite a bit of money to be spent, McCulloch and Anderson were good signings, but the team didn’t really improve over the next year, despite all of the new signings, hence his sacking. Scoular made some excellent signings in his time, but it’s a fact that we spent more time struggling against the drop in his nine years with us than we did going for promotion - his short time at Newport after leaving us was a bit of a disaster as well
    Prior to Goldstone, he was with us for 9 years with little or no financial backing from the Dewey brothers, so it was always going to be a struggle but towards the end of the 60's our league position started to improve and but for the Toshack sale, who knows how far he may have taken us.

Interestingly, we mentioned Foggon in an earlier post so I thought I'd google him. I was astonished to find he netted 45 times in 115 games for Middlesbrough after he left us. Something not quite right there.

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    Prior to Goldstone, he was with us for 9 years with little or no financial backing from the Dewey brothers, so it was always going to be a struggle but towards the end of the 60's our league position started to improve and but for the Toshack sale, who knows how far he may have taken us.

Interestingly, we mentioned Foggon in an earlier post so I thought I'd google him. I was astonished to find he netted 45 times in 115 games for Middlesbrough after he left us. Something not quite right there.
    Didn’t he also win the Fairs Cup with Newcastle as well?

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Didn’t he also win the Fairs Cup with Newcastle as well?
    Yes, he scored in the Final.

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post

He was still fat(tish) at Middlesbrough - he went on to play for Manchester United didn’t he.