Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

FAW Cup Final CCFC Women v Wrexham Woman live S4C

17:25

Re: FAW Cup Final CCFC Women v Wrexham Woman live S4C

1 0 city.

Very brave save by the Cardiff goalie just then

Think the commentator might be a Wrexham fan.

That’s the third time he’s said Lightfoot on her right foot

Can’t get nearer the top corner than that
    2-0

City hanging on a bit here - to hear the commentators talking about City a few minutes ago, you’d swear they were watching the men’s senior team.

Derbyshire to replace Bulut

Treble winners. Da iawn girls!

They got the job done. Oakley and Chamberlain did well.

We'll see how they do in the Champs League now, but I do hope we put a bit more cash into the women's team, and really try to push on

Quote Originally Posted by Broken Machine View Post
    They got the job done. Oakley and Chamberlain did well.

We'll see how they do in the Champs League now, but I do hope we put a bit more cash into the women's team, and really try to push on

Yeah credit to the club as already putting a lot in but yeah would be great to push on.

The womens game kind of gives a glimpse of what a "real league of wales" would look like for the mens game. The biggest clubs like cardiff swansea and wrexham in it with the likes of TNS, Barry and Aberystwyth.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Yeah credit to the club as already putting a lot in but yeah would be great to push on.

The womens game kind of gives a glimpse of what a "real league of wales" would look like for the mens game. The biggest clubs like cardiff swansea and wrexham in it with the likes of TNS, Barry and Aberystwyth.
    The quality was incredibly moderate, but quite exiting.

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    me and my daughter follow the womens team and this was a rare off performance, passing is usually a lot crisper and we play with pace, today they could barely string a couple of passes together, good result regardless.

we had a nice afternoon/evening at Rodney Parade for the grand sum of £7 (£5 for me, £2 for my daughter)

I much prefer watching the women these days, a lot less frustrating than that shower of shite plying their trade in the Championship.

"Iain Darbs Barmy Army.."

Quote Originally Posted by Splott-light... View Post
    me and my daughter follow the womens team and this was a rare off performance, passing is usually a lot crisper and we play with pace, today they could barely string a couple of passes together, good result regardless.

we had a nice afternoon/evening at Rodney Parade for the grand sum of £7 (£5 for me, £2 for my daughter)

I much prefer watching the women these days, a lot less frustrating than that shower of shite plying their trade in the Championship.

"Iain Darbs Barmy Army.."
    It may be more chilled but I found it very frustrating to watch.

Massive congratulations to the women's team a great achievement. Hopefully can continue to improve as I'm sure Wrexham will step up their funding.

The treble. Great season.

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    Which door did you exit through?

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    It may be more chilled but I found it very frustrating to watch.

Massive congratulations to the women's team a great achievement. Hopefully can continue to improve as I'm sure Wrexham will step up their funding.
    Is it about somehow getting them to play in a different league - maybe European tournaments will help now

I'm immobilised at the moment so little to do apart from watch TV read etc but yesterday I watched the Cardiff/Wrexham game and then the Chelsea/Bristol City and am now watching the Celtic / rangers game and the thing that strikes me about the latter two is the difference in athleticism and speed compared to Cardiff - technique aside they look fitter and I assume competing against better sides week in week out would raise standards but also attract better players - see a couple of Welsh players playing in the latter games

I am massive fan of womens sport as I had a daughter who grew up in the cricket system to a high level so not being critical of the Cardiff game etc but just a thought

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    Is it about somehow getting them to play in a different league - maybe European tournaments will help now

I'm immobilised at the moment so little to do apart from watch TV read etc but yesterday I watched the Cardiff/Wrexham game and then the Chelsea/Bristol City and am now watching the Celtic / rangers game and the thing that strikes me about the latter two is the difference in athleticism and speed compared to Cardiff - technique aside they look fitter and I assume competing against better sides week in week out would raise standards but also attract better players - see a couple of Welsh players playing in the latter games

I am massive fan of womens sport as I had a daughter who grew up in the cricket system to a high level so not being critical of the Cardiff game etc but just a thought
    Its not being critical.

Like the cymru premier is less quality than the english premier league in mens football. Same applies in womens and ccfc obviously play exclusively in welsh structure.

Cardiff city ladies now called Gwalia play in the english pyramid and despite being a fair bit away from the top is a higher standard.