+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Your working life.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Your working life.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Jim, I'm a decent bloke to get on with if you get to know me, it's work I have no Interest in, the people, the job, the politics, where they're going on holiday and pictures of their kids, grand kids. I don't want to know. I don't want to be there so I make it work for me. Basically I don't give a f uck! Although I'm sure that if I worked with you we'd get on like a house on fire as you jocks like a good old moan.....
    A lot of racist arseholes in the construction industry

I often dreaded tea break when some idiot would start reading some cobblers from The Sun

I believe that a lot of people employed in that sector would struggle to work in any other area as they are stuck in the past

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    A lot of racist arseholes in the construction industry

I often dreaded tea break when some idiot would start reading some cobblers from The Sun

I believe that a lot of people employed in that sector would struggle to work in any other area as they are stuck in the past
    There are, although it's got better over the years. It's a little more gentle than it was years ago. What i find is that there are a lot of people who can't get their shit together and go from one crisis to the next, many of them avoidable by the sound of things. They then proceed to tell me all about it, and i can't be doing with it. So, i just go stealth, do what i need to do and get out of there. There's one or two that are ok, although they're just not my cup of tea. I know some people love the social aspect of work and all that, and more power to them, it's just not for me. I keep my business to myself

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    There are, although it's got better over the years. It's a little more gentle than it was years ago. What i find is that there are a lot of people who can't get their shit together and go from one crisis to the next, many of them avoidable by the sound of things. They then proceed to tell me all about it, and i can't be doing with it. So, i just go stealth, do what i need to do and get out of there. There's one or two that are ok, although they're just not my cup of tea. I know some people love the social aspect of work and all that, and more power to them, it's just not for me. I keep my business to myself
    In the construction industry, it’s interesting just to stand back and listen, some of the tales that co workers come out with as a matter of fact. The chaos in some people’s lives that is just run of the mill to them astounds me. I was, very often, the odd one out coming in with my sandwiches & flask, while the others were off spending £10/15 a day on rubbish, then complaining that they were skint Work, for me, was very much an eye opener on the darker side of society. Self imposed poverty in many cases, (my ‘not drinking at home ‘ policy very often bore this out), blokes caning the cans at home, missing work the next day, too busy on the cans at night to make a bit of grub, too late in the morning to.

Don’t get me wrong, there’s way more ‘straight down the middle’ decent blokes in construction but, my God, some of the folk you come across would shock the wider public. It’s been an interesting career with memories that would be unbelievable to many not involved in the game.