+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rob Phillips - Bulut has been offered a one year contract.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Rob Phillips - Bulut has been offered a one year contract.

Rob Phillips confirming on Twitter what many suspected - Erol Bulut has been offered a one year deal, but wants a longer contract. Apparently, the club want the situation sorted this week.

Re: Rob Phillips - Bulut has been offered a one year contract.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Rob Phillips confirming on Twitter what many suspected - Erol Bulut has been offered a one year deal, but wants a longer contract. Apparently, the club want the situation sorted this week.
    Personally I think that's ridiculous - gives no confidence or stability and we will find ourselves exactly where we are now, again next year - if the board lack confidence get rid of bulut and appoint someone else

International

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    Personally I think that's ridiculous - gives no confidence or stability and we will find ourselves exactly where we are now, again next year - if the board lack confidence get rid of bulut and appoint someone else
    I think it's the we tried he didn't accept we will move on.

They know it was a two-year contract or he wouldn't sign it.

Just come out and say it if they don't want him, don't waste a few weeks playing games.

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    I think it's the we tried he didn't accept we will move on.

They know it was a two-year contract or he wouldn't sign it.

Just come out and say it if they don't want him, don't waste a few weeks playing games.
    Agreed. If it’s accurate this is a message that gives nothing away. Bulut is not likely to take it if other media reports are also accurate.

It doesn’t seem consistent with what was reported about the contract when he was first signed up.

And as already noted the message to the fans is ‘we tried’.

Do you think that Dalman et al have a Plan B?

International

Quote Originally Posted by light up the darkness View Post
    Agreed. If it’s accurate this is a message that gives nothing away. Bulut is not likely to take it if other media reports are also accurate.

It doesn’t seem consistent with what was reported about the contract when he was first signed up.

You'd imagine they will have some progress on a plan B, it's looked for a while like his contract won't be renewed. I don't trust them to get it right, with them selecting it's a lottery with four bad choices to every quite good one.

Problem is who is available out there, without having to pay a massive release fee.... I can think of one person that would jump at the chance to manage us again.... get down to Cornwall and sign him up

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Whether you are for or against keeping Bulut a one year contract seems rather underwhelming from his point of view, if he is wanting to move his family here, as much as anything.

I don’t think him wanting a 2 year contract is unreasonable on his part.

Quote Originally Posted by light up the darkness View Post

Do you think dalman etc al have plan A - history seems to indicate that is highly unlikely

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Do you think dalman etc al have plan A - history seems to indicate that is highly unlikely
    Sorry I was being facetious. Should have put a big lol after the comment

Steve Morrison probably

ring back the dream of

Slade with Harris as No2
    Morison can drive the bus, put Malky as head of finance.

Offering him a 1 year contract is a bit insulting to Bulut to say the least.
    He will be gone asap I think. Shows a complete lack of anything from the club. They appear to know nothing on how to run a club and seemingly cant make a decision and have no clear direction of thought

The worry for me is that I think this means the only contract on offer to whatever manager will be a one year deal which will probably mean it'll be more of a risky punt whoever gets it

Makes good sense the way we have gone through managers recently .
    It would appear a lot of supporters arent sure about him either.
    Alternatively, I am sure if he did well next season a longer contract would be his for the taking.

Isn't Liam Rosenior looking for a job?
    He wont have so far to relocate his family.
    They played decent football las season.

Not a fan of these short term contracts. I get in hindsight if it does't work out it looks a good decision but it's also never allowing you to build, we will always just have short termism.

I'm not saying Bulut has done much to build for the future, but with one year contacts why would anyone bother.

The club have messed this up, one of the few in the league that has known it's fate for at least a month and we still don't know who the manager will be.

If Bulut isn't the guy then thank him, identify who is and get him a decent contract that doesn't just look like he's supposed to be a glorified caretaker.

Think of the players we have signed to long term deals who do nothing for us, all likely on far more money. Yet we constantly mess about with what I think is the most important position.

We seem to treat the manager position as if it's an inconvenience to have one.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Not a fan of these short term contracts. I get in hindsight if it does't work out it looks a good decision but it's also never allowing you to build, we will always just have short termism.

I'm not saying Bulut has done much to build for the future, but with one year contacts why would anyone bother.

The club have messed this up, one of the few in the league that has known it's fate for at least a month and we still don't know who the manager will be.

If Bulut isn't the guy then thank him, identify who is and get him a decent contract that doesn't just look like he's supposed to be a glorified caretaker.

Think of the players we have signed to long term deals who do nothing for us, all likely on far more money. Yet we constantly mess about with what I think is the most important position.

We seem to treat the manager position as if it's an inconvenience to have one.
    Exactly after a decent director of football they are the most important people at any good club, along with an owner that keeps his nose out of the game strategy and provides a decent budget.

Looks like we'll have none of them next week.

PS I'm not saying Bulut is brilliant but he's probably going to be better than who we end up with.

Waiting to the end of the month to renew my ST, I wonder if we'll have a manager for next season by then.

Probably not knowing Circus City FC.

Of course the club is going to be criticised for this, but I think it's a fair and reasonable offer. I'm sure it's not as simple as stated - probably with caveats and conditions that could trigger an extension. But I'm pleased for this reason; had we achieved 12th position with reasonably decent football, had Bulut shown he can pick a decent player from another club, then I think Bulut would have been offered something that kept him here long term. But his judgement in the transfer market has been poor, and his brand of football is the worst I've watched for decades. Maybe Tan etc. are aware he isn't the Mr Goldenbollo*ks the media have made him out to be..

Rob Phillips media item here. I would expect the club to compromise.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/cardiff-city

As I understand it he came here on a one year deal with a one year extension if certain on-field performance criteria were met.
    While the criteria are not in the public domain he clearly did not achieve them.
    To expect anything more than the same terms on a new contract strikes me as very odd, not least as if he had met the performance criteria he would now effectively be on a simple one year deal.

Quote Originally Posted by JumpersforGoalposts View Post
    As I understand it he came here on a one year deal with a one year extension if certain on-field performance criteria were met.
    While the criteria are not in the public domain he clearly did not achieve them.
    To expect anything more than the same terms on a new contract strikes me as very odd, not least as if he had met the performance criteria he would now effectively be on a simple one year deal.
    According to Dalman he met their expectations.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Flange View Post
    But are the Board’s expectations and Vincent Tan’s the same?

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Flange View Post
    That only makes sense if the expectation was that he would not trigger the extension clause.

Quote Originally Posted by pipster View Post
    Slade with Harris as No2
    Malky head of equality and inclusion, surely.

Quote Originally Posted by pipster View Post
    Slade with Harris as No2

Offering him a 1 year contract is a bit insulting to Bulut to say the least.
    He will be gone asap I think. Shows a complete lack of anything from the club. They appear to know nothing on how to run a club and seemingly cant make a decision and have no clear direction of thought
    I heard Malky's lined up for Head of HR and Diversity