+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Rob Phillips - Bulut has been offered a one year contract.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    International

Re: Rob Phillips - Bulut has been offered a one year contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Not a fan of these short term contracts. I get in hindsight if it does't work out it looks a good decision but it's also never allowing you to build, we will always just have short termism.

I'm not saying Bulut has done much to build for the future, but with one year contacts why would anyone bother.

The club have messed this up, one of the few in the league that has known it's fate for at least a month and we still don't know who the manager will be.

If Bulut isn't the guy then thank him, identify who is and get him a decent contract that doesn't just look like he's supposed to be a glorified caretaker.

Think of the players we have signed to long term deals who do nothing for us, all likely on far more money. Yet we constantly mess about with what I think is the most important position.

We seem to treat the manager position as if it's an inconvenience to have one.
    Exactly after a decent director of football they are the most important people at any good club, along with an owner that keeps his nose out of the game strategy and provides a decent budget.

Looks like we'll have none of them next week.

PS I'm not saying Bulut is brilliant but he's probably going to be better than who we end up with.

Re: Rob Phillips - Bulut has been offered a one year contract.

Waiting to the end of the month to renew my ST, I wonder if we'll have a manager for next season by then.

Probably not knowing Circus City FC.