+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Suella Da Ville Can't Help Herself

Re: Suella Da Ville Can't Help Herself

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Not the BBC, Sky or Guardian I admit, but a 4 min read..

https://unherd.com/2023/11/dont-be-f...rch-for-peace/
    Given that unherd is another provider of political opinion set up by a Tory and GB news funder, I'll give it a miss, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Four minutes of wasted time, the usual one eyed stuff that has led us to what happened on 7 October - no attempt to try and find common ground and reads like it’s a game of goodies v baddies.
    He probably thought the fact that his father was Jewish and his wife Israeli didn't need mentioning in this objective opinion piece.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giles_Fraser

It’s got to be good for all sorts of reasons that Braverman has gone. She was deliberately divisive, put personal ambition above party and country and, something that barely gats mentioned, she was hopeless at her job.

David Cameron back as Foreign Secretary, must admit that Sunak, the self proclaimed man of change, has surprised me with that one - the Greensill scandal will enable him to feel at home with this lot and most of them got the Brexit they wanted because of him.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    He probably thought the fact that his father was Jewish and his wife Israeli didn't need mentioning in this objective opinion piece.

'The Rabbi preached a beautiful sermon about the need for those held hostage, those murdered-as well as for all those innocent Palestinians caught up in this Horrendous war' The innocent Palestinians arn't being Murdered or held hostage, they're just 'caught up'in this mess. The way someone would describe something trivial or general. Dear me.

It’s got to be good for all sorts of reasons that Braverman has gone. She was deliberately divisive, put personal ambition above party and country and, something that barely gats mentioned, she was hopeless at her job.

David Cameron back as Foreign Secretary, must admit that Sunak, the self proclaimed man of change, has surprised me with that one - the Greensill scandal will enable him to feel at home with this lot and most of them got the Brexit they wanted because of him.
    Sunak had to keep her for a bit as she backed him over Johnson, no surprise there really, he held on way too long though. Dodgy Dave is experienced, he has the ability to dbate, he can say things without them coming across as hard line, even when what he is saying actually is.

Four minutes of wasted time, the usual one eyed stuff that has led us to what happened on 7 October - no attempt to try and find common ground and reads like it’s a game of goodies v baddies.
    Giles Fraser has always taken this liberal pro-Israel position even when he was writing for the Guardian/Observer decades ago.

Like so many commentators and politicians like him he deliberately mixes real examples of anti semitism with slogans, chants or opinions that are clearly not anti semitic - unless criticism of Israel is anti semitism, which it is for fans of the 'new anti semitism'. It is not lazy or confused - it is deliberate.

For Fraser a poster with Netanyahu wearing horns like the devil is anti semitic.

For Fraser (and Braverman and James) 'from the river to the sea' is clearly an anti semitic call for the eradication of Jewish people from Israel/Palestine - even though he concedes that is not what the people using the chant (many of them Jewish) mean at all! They mean the eradication of state racism and oppression, and the creation of peace and freedom.

For Fraser the victims of Hamas were murdered; the victims of Netanyahu got caught up in the conflict.

This is one small piece of a campaign to ban the Palestine solidarity marches and silence the criticism of Israel's state ideology and genocidal attacks on Gaza and the West Bank.

Since 7 October reports of anti semitism in the UK have risen tenfold; of Islamophobia sixfold. Many/most of those reports are of real incidents of physical attacks, graffiti, property damage discrimination and must be stopped - whether someone on a march or not (usually not).

But where one part of one community feels distress because their uncritical support for a state thousands of miles away is being challenged - the problem doesn't lie with the demonstrators. And it would be progress if some of the politicians and commentators showed a similar level of concern for the distress of another community whose relatives and co-religionists are being killed (burnt, crushed, dismembered) by a war machine that had the green light from the majority of western governments.

Couple of interesting articles on all this

Founder of momentum says left-wingers in denial.
    https://www.theguardian.com/politics...tinian-slogans

Give police more powers to stem 10 fold rise in antisemitic attacks - ex Labour MP.
    https://www.theguardian.com/news/202...ays-uk-adviser

The net is tightening and rightly so IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post

Give police more powers to stem 10 fold rise in antisemitic attacks - ex Labour MP.

Of course Jon Lansman is Jewish and so it would not be unexpected that he might be conflicted.

It's a great pity people have entrenched views and vent their anger upon others who have no involvement in the conflict. The best course of action would be for the ordinary people of both sides to unite and focus their condemnation on the two terrorist protagonists in all of this.

I thought it a predictable and very poor piece.

The writer skimmed over the right wing aggression almost grudgingly and apparently obligatorily.

He rather obsessively focused on antisemitic tropes being bandied about without attempting to explore the reasons behind this developing issue. He also rather failed to separate out antisemitism from antizionism and proceeded to conflate the two. That was a major disappointment but not unexpected.

Of course it has since been pointed out that he does have skin in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post

He's a priest and a conservative voter

Absolute plum

You don't care about anti semitism , alleged or real and don't know the difference between this and anti zionism

You only care about your ego and the fact its been bruised

You talk on here as if YOU are leading the fight against interfaith disputes in this country and its DISGUSTING that its going on and I CALLED IT OUT .....YES ME .......LISTEN TO ME .......

You complete chump

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Of course Jon Lansman is Jewish and so it would not be unexpected that he might be conflicted.

It's a great pity people have entrenched views and vent their anger upon others who have no involvement in the conflict. The best course of action would be for the ordinary people of both sides to unite and focus their condemnation on the two terrorist protagonists in all of this.
    Jon Lansman switched horses 4 years ago - and stepped down as Momentum chair 3 years ago. He has been on a rapid journey to the right and has embraced Zionism. His comments are no surprise.

I don't think it has much to do with him being Jewish. He says he is an atheist - but politically he has got into bed with the JLM (the pro Israel/Zionist group in Labour - made up of Jewish and non Jewish members) and denounced the JVL (the anti Israel/Zionist group in Labour - made up of Jewish members).

Lansman is beginning to sound a bit like John Mann, John Woodcock (the link above) and Ian Austin - all non-Jewish cheerleaders for Zionism and apartheid Israel. There are tens of thousands of UK Jewish people who disagree totally with them - and have taken part in the Palestine demonstrations and in many cases have chanted 'From the river to the sea' and know it is an anti-racist chant, not an anti semitic one.

Meanwhile in Gaza and the West Bank the bodies continue to pile up whilst most of the world watches. At least some are prepared to take a stand for peace and justice - whatever their heritage.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Jon Lansman switched horses 4 years ago - and stepped down as Momentum chair 3 years ago. He has been on a rapid journey to the right and has embraced Zionism. His comments are no surprise.

I don't think it has much to do with him being Jewish. He says he is an atheist - but politically he has got into bed with the JLM (the pro Israel/Zionist group in Labour - made up of Jewish and non Jewish members) and denounced the JVL (the anti Israel/Zionist group in Labour - made up of Jewish members).

Lansman is beginning to sound a bit like John Mann, John Woodcock (the link above) and Ian Austin - all non-Jewish cheerleaders for Zionism and apartheid Israel. There are tens of thousands of UK Jewish people who disagree totally with them - and have taken part in the Palestine demonstrations and in many cases have chanted 'From the river to the sea' and know it is an anti-racist chant, not an anti semitic one.

Meanwhile in Gaza and the West Bank the bodies continue to pile up whilst most of the world watches. At least some are prepared to take a stand for peace and justice - whatever their heritage.
    John Mann is a regular on talk tv , I thought he was related to Netanyahu he's so biased

https://www.varsity.co.uk/news/24186

What a snake

Allegedly

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    You don't care about anti semitism , alleged or real and don't know the difference between this and anti zionism

You only care about your ego and the fact its been bruised

You talk on here as if YOU are leading the fight against interfaith disputes in this country and its DISGUSTING that its going on and I CALLED IT OUT .....YES ME .......LISTEN TO ME .......

You complete chump
    What a ridiculous man you are sometimes, Sludge.

What a ridiculous man you are sometimes, Sludge.
    The net is tightening and rightly so !

You soppy tart , you should be an actor

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    The net is tightening and rightly so !

You soppy tart , you should be an actor
    At least I would be a good leftie then eh!

The Tories are falling apart

She's a right scowler of a woman

Keep up the good work

How long can this shit show carry on? Can you imagine another year of this while people are struggling with mortgages and bills.
    Last edited by Dave Blue; 14-11-23 at 18:09. Reason: Typo

Why the open letter? She comes across as someone who is just trying to further her own agenda / political career. It’s embarrassing and another nail in the tories coffin.

She's micturating all over poor Rishi

I have no idea what this is all about. They are both quite clearly pretty different politicians, and Suella clearly thinks he didn't have her back - most would argue he tolerated quite a lot I think, but she can't expect to print things that aren't approved and not be held to account can she?

Interesting timing with the Rwanda appeal decision tomorrow. I suspect the govt will lose that now.

More widely I have never felt more like we are close to splits in both major parties. Probably not before the next general election but potentially after it.

I have no idea what this is all about. They are both quite clearly pretty different politicians, and Suella clearly thinks he didn't have her back - most would argue he tolerated quite a lot I think, but she can't expect to print things that aren't approved and not be held to account can she?

Interesting timing with the Rwanda appeal decision tomorrow. I suspect the govt will lose that now.

More widely I have never felt more like we are close to splits in both major parties. Probably not before the next general election but potentially after it.
    And yet you were still arguing in her favour after the article that wasn’t approved, people might be forgiven for thinking that you were just arguing for the sake of it.