The absurdity of the situation is apparent to everyone but Tan - a pointless ditching of nearly a century's tradition for no other reason than to demonstrate his control/authority over the club.

History is littered with meetings where harmony has prevailed where there seemed no possible compromise solution available, however I don't think this is one of those occasions.

My own thoughts are that management will report back to Tan who will use some form of words to suggest 'a distinct possibility' of a return to blue if the protests are cancelled, with a veiled threat of some sort if they don't'. He certainly will be looking to find a way of preventing the planned demonstrations. I think we all recognise that when face-to-face with 'adversaries', the mood is less confrontational and vocal than on places like this. I'm guessing Tan is hoping for 'good feeling' all round.

Of course there's always the possibility that Tan may use this meeting as a 'get out' and a way of saving face by climbing down on the whole blue issue. Maybe that's just wishful thinking..