It was reported in the papers this week that the police told a woman who had her ipad stolen to go the house where she thought it was and get it back herself. That's just mad. I can remember reading a book by Geoff Thompson, a martial artist and a seriously hard man, how he did just that when someone stole from him. It was such a dangerous thing to do that even he was frightened.

It seems to me that Jack Warner's PC George Dixon is long gone. Today the police have just two main roles. The first is to protect the criminals. If the police weren't there the criminals would suffer street justice just like they do in Third World countries where law and order has broken down. The other is to enforce the social changes dictated by the traitors and thieves in Parliament.

A top policeman once told me that theft wasn't really a police problem it is a civil problem. Theft doesn't threaten social stability or the safety of people he said. A country isn't any poorer if X has £100 of Y's stuff because the country as a whole still has £100 of stuff. I know that sounds stupid to most of us but that is how some senior policemen think.

I am not a police hater. I think there are still some great policemen still out there but they are not being helped by their bosses