+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: What is political correctness?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

What is political correctness?

Just finished reading a very long piece on political correctness;-

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...y-donald-trump

which sums up completely how I feel about things at the moment. I'd be interested in how people on here would define political correctness because, as the writer of the piece says, it's an easy and convenient thing to rail against, but what is it really?

Similarly, who are this mainstream liberal elite that we are all supposed to be against these days? Maybe it's my age, but the notion of people with liberal, progressive views representing the "establishment" is one I struggle with because that's never been what I have thought of when that word was used.

People talked about how this liberal elite controls us and, yet, when I look at the privately owned print, social and video news media in this country and America, I see more representation of the views that have led to the Brexit vote and the election of Donald Trump than I do of this mysterious elite establishment that has controlled us for the last however many decades it's been before we all saw the light in 2016 - by and large, I would have thought the establishment as I define it will have been pretty happy with what has happened this year on both sides of the Atlantic.
    Last edited by the other bob wilson; 30-11-16 at 07:55.