The deal could be completed today according to this very good Ipswich site and they believe that the fee will be more than the £1 million they paid for Joe Garner.

https://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-news/31809

As for our central midfield, if it could be guaranteed that they would be fit and available for all forty six games, I'd be pretty happy for us to go into the season with Ralls and Gunnarsson as our two central midfielders because I believe they are both good players at this level and are better passers of the ball than they've been given credit for in this thread (they'd have no trouble whatsoever finding Championship clubs if they both let their contracts run down and left on Bosmans).

However, with Warnock seeming to have little faith in O'Keefe, it's obvious we need more strength in depth in central midfield and if the money we receive for Huws clears the way for us to sign, say, a Joe Ledley, then I'd say that was good business. This would probably mean that the criticism about the passing ability of our midfield would not go away, but I just don't see Warnock signing someone who can pass the ball better than anyone else in our central midfield unless they are also prepared to put in a full stint for the team and I can't imagine us being able to do that on our budget unless we could get a very talented youngster on loan.