Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
Absolutely. Salter has been a massive disappointment and is not good enough. I do not see how Salter can have a future contract. Bull has played first team cricket but has been overlooked this season and needs a run of Championship games over the final weeks of the season.
Salter, Morgan and Bull all have contracts to the end of the 2018 season. Signing another spinner is pretty much an admission that neither are (or likely to be) good enough. Would also be another Welshman out of the side. I'd give all them one more season to compete against each other for contract(s).

In any event, with money tight, the priority has to be top order batsmen. Need to replace all of Rudolph, Ingram and Carlson (Uni) in the County Championship next season.

Wagg is the only player, ther than Rudolph, who is out of contract this summer. I think we are a better team with Wagg in it, but if money is tight, the money spent on his contract may have to go on a batsman. You could argue it's about time that Lloyd/Meschede step up to take Wagg's spot anyway.