The forgotten man seems to be well and truly back in the picture. Warnock this morning:

"Gonoungbe has looked sharp and done really well; why can’t he do a Zohore?

"You just don’t know. He had a bad injury and it took him a long time to get back, but I’ve watched him work over the last few months and he’s trained really hard. He’s been very frustrated and had a lot of family problems which none of us want to hear about, but he’s overcome all that and done really well.

"I asked him if he could play half a game a couple of weeks ago and he didn’t think he was ready, but would if I wanted him to. Since then he’s had 90 minutes, a couple of other games and looked quite sharp and with the situation with Ken and Bogle he’ll come into the reckoning.

"It’s been a first proper chance to see him. I liked him when I first came. He’s probably the best at holding the ball up that we’ve got. He’s definitely the best header of the ball of the strikers. We put a session on yesterday and I mentioned it to fans at a function last night he was like Nat Lofthouse! Really good finishing with his heading, knew what he was doing behind the centre-halves and I was really pleased for him. He’s seen what Ken did with his chance and he’s a really good lad.

"The scout who gave me Loic Damour said to me when I first came I’d really like Gonoungbe, that he’d watched him over the last couple of the years and he would be just my cup of tea. Unfortunately he’s had a couple of injuries after another and never really got a chance and then Ken set the world alight. If he can just have a few months injury-free it will be interesting to see what he does because he is a big problem for centre-halves. You just don’t know."