Quote Originally Posted by Louth View Post
Fine, I answered him.

Why are people queueing for two hours and spending forever on the phone? Anyone who wants a ticket will get one. With a good number left over.
Probably because they want to find seats for family/friends close to where their season tickets are. A lot of the experience is being sat with people you always watch the game with. Lots more to supporting a team for many people than just being in the ground somewhere.

Anyhow, looking at the e-ticketing system it appears the ground will look full even if there are a few gaps here and there - which will help the atmosphere. I can also see the tickets being made generally available middle of next week if we haven't sold everything.

I think the club would do well to update its online sales policy to say tickets will go on general sale from Wednesday if they are not expecting to sell out. Attracting a few of the less committed fans would be a good thing to do - even if only one or two choose to come back to future matches. Half the problem with attracting people is to get them to come to the first match so they can see the experience is actually civilised now compared to the myths still doing the rounds.