Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
No problem mate, it wasn't a dig as you're a good poster who presents good arguments to a thread.

From my perspective I have been a bit underwhelmed with the football as I said in earlier post since about October. This coincided with some big injury problems to some big players so I thought the players performed wonders to "hang in there" at the top.

I couldn't wait til the transfer window and I thought Warnock would unveil some diamonds who would prove to be bargains but he never really addressed what I felt were the issues at hand.

I'm not and probably never will be a fan of Patterson as an attacking midfielder and the only time I could ever see a role for him in that position is to shut down someone like Neves when we play Wolves.

Like others have said in this thread, I'm not expecting us to be Man City but the predictability of our play at present must be mixed up if we're gonna make the play offs surely.
We need more than just pumping it downbthw wings.

I would seriously drop our wingers and play hoilett centrally with 2 up ahead of him.

The 1 game I remember Tomlin starting when we were playing well we went through the middle more and we had options to play in bogle or hit it out wide and still create havoc. Bogle looked a constant thread against Ipswich.

Our wingers aren't firing and we don't have Tomlin so we need to start mixing things up.