Quote Originally Posted by Mambo View Post
So you think that I think we have left the EU already, do you really think that ?.
In all the ins and outs of trade deals, who will be better off and who worse off.
I would just think of it like this - the EU sell us more than we sell them - is that correct ?
WTO rules of 10% tariffs if no agreement - is that correct ?
We would both be worse off if each side imposes 10% tariff on goods - correct ?

Would German car producers take the 10% tariff on the chin or would they increase their car price ?
If you had a choice of a German car that is 10% higher than a non EU car - which one would you buy ?

Both sides lose out - I wouldnt buy a car with a 10% tax on it - if I can buy a similar car for 10% less from somewhere else. Which is why pressure from business and member states will force Barnier to talk sense - and for us the same.
I think the 'German cars manufacturers, French wine makers and Spanish hotel owners' cliche really says it all about the leave campaign, they were talking down to their core vote right from the start, these examples always feel arrogant to me. Is it time we start to recognise that this is a bit more complex - we are dealing with a changing situation, a lot of powerful people with incredibly varied agenda's and 27 multi-faceted economies.