Quote Originally Posted by Stavross1927 View Post
I thought as part of the agreement to sell, is that the original government and lottery funding used to build the stadium would be paid back in full from the proceeds of the sale? Also wasn’t the funding predominantly loans secured by the FA, which they have been paying back and there is about £150m outstanding?

You would imagine that any deal to sell would have caveats that all cup finals, playoff finals etc would have to be played at Wembley. It would also make sense for any stadium owner to have more games there as a way of maximising revenue. They would also retain the rights to club Wembley revenue for any football matches. Add to that if, and it’s a big if(and Wales won’t see any of it) the FA invest in 3G pitches up and down the country, then I don’t see the issue. It’s not like the FA has owned the stadium for any long periods of time anyway.
No mention has been made of any of the money from the sale being given back to public or lottery funds. The money will be kept by the FA to use 'as they see fit' i.e. line their own pockets and fund the lifestyles of their executives. Some might filter down the system but experience should tell everyone that it will be a miniscule amount compared to what they keep to fund their own organisation. I wouldn't trust the FA with anything.