Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
"Tan has been bitchin about premier league since relegation. “His club NEEDS”, to be in the premier league etc. Now he gets a hefty and much needed cash injection, but goes about it like a cheap skank!?"

What would you do in the circumstances? Would you be prepared to sink around 15% of your net wealth into the football club and continue to support it to the tune of around £1m a month and then put up with criticism from disgruntled supporters. If I were Tan I would take a hefty chunk of his investment out especially when some "fans" continue to criticise. The proposal to shop for players in the bargain basement is the right one because even if £100m was spent on players the likliehood would be that the club would still struggle in the Premier League.
What fans think or not is really not relevant. The club need to progress to survive, and for that to happen there need to be investments. Warnock is talking about 6 players. The warchest for that to happen with the quality needed is arround 40 to 50 millions. It’s not about going all Malky in the Market, it’s still a small investment I’m sorry to say.
There is not a chance in hell this team will survive without it. IF Tan wants his money back, now is not the time to do that. But if he want to, he should just pack up and leave.