Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
Well you do have an agenda don't you. I know what a big City fan you were because of what you did regarding the book Richard Holt and I wrote five years ago - that's why I find it sad that it has come to this with you.

While the current version of FFP came in for 16/17, the table at 5.3 in the link Penarth Blues provided shows figures from 11/12 right through to 15/16, so that must tell us surely that they were what was in place during those years? Therefore, the highest Vincent Tan could have converted in any season since 11/12 was £8 million (the amount that has been knocked off the club's debt to him through this method over the past two or three seasons).

Based on the link I posted from 2010 about Man City's owner making a huge debt to equity conversion in 2010 while he still could because he knew the time for such things was running out, Vincent Tan may have had a year or so after he became more heavily involved with City in 2010 where he could have made a full and complete debt to equity conversion, but I'm not sure it could have happened at any time after that.

This would mean that a complete debt to equity conversion would not have been possible in May 2012 when all of the controversy about the rebrand broke and yet I was at a meeting with club officials where a group of City fans were told that such a conversion was "imminent".

Maybe Keith could confirm whether I'm right about debt to equity restrictions being in place from 11/12 onwards or whether I'm adding two and two and getting five?
I have watched this debate from the sidelines and I am amazed it has got to 3 pages.

For me it is simple - he said he would but he didn't and the only people who will know why is Tan and those close to him. Dependant on which camp you sit that either makes him a liar or there is a reason why he didn't do it.

I suggest the OP write direct to him or try Mehmet Dalman - I have emailed him twice in the last couple of years and have had a rapid response on both occasions.

For me I just think (and that's all I can say as i don't know it to be fact) we are in a better place off the pitch than I can remember in 40 years of supporting the club