Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
Still think he’d be ideal for us.
Not all our players have be huge, don’t forget we signed Jamie Ward last year 😂

He can pick a pass and that’s missing from our side, he’s also not afraid to tackle and can work hard.
I reckon he could adapt to getting it forward earlier and with a lot more accuracy than we have now !

He’s ideally suited to the prem and with the likes of Ralls and Grujic around him, along with runners like Hoillet, Zohore and Reid he would flourish.

Let’s face it, he’s far better than what we’ve got and if the fee I read of £6m is true then he’s an absolute bargain.
I don't think it's down to his size though I would imagine that Warnock would be happier with a unit like N'diaye in that position.

I'm not sure picking a pass is Woods strength to be honest. He no Tom Cairney or Neves. What he does is knit the game together. He has positional nous, reads the game and starts the play off with simple passing.

I don't think anyone would argue that our back 4 don't get the ball forward quickly, and if we bypassed Woods (who often comes deep to receive the ball) then we wouldn't get the best out of him.