Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
It's better off with quality than quantity.

All the spats and bullshit can go on elsewhere on social media.

There are a lot of groups and pages online so numbers are spread out. CCMB is a home for those who want to come and help each other out, have a moan or a rant if it's in context. And we are a bit of a family.
It is a little familial even though I don’t think I know a single person on here. I don’t know how long I’ve actively posted (maybe 7 or 8 years?) but I do know that I made a clear choice between this and the ‘forum’ based on a longish period of lurking on both - over time I’m certain that was the right choice based on the general attitude of CCMB posters.

I find the introduction of a new one utterly unnecessary and detrimental to all of the message boards (everyone suffers).

There probably aren’t many new posters as someone pointed out so sharing potential users across 3 boards isn’t helpful to anyone. Did I read somewhere that one of the other boards was trying to raise money from posters to support the site? That seems totally unnecessary to me but if Mike (unlikely as that is) suggested it here I’d be happy to contribute because of the entertainment it’s provided for many years.

I post in spurts but check in every day. It’s still varied enough for me but I have noticed we’re in a bit of a fallow period