Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
I don't want to sound callous (or be callous) but I'm not sure that members of a football team will be so traumatised by a crash that kills their club owner that they are unable to play a match a full week later.

If it was members of the playing or coaching squad then yes - but this seems to be something removed from their normal circle, and although upsetting and tragic, not a reason to postpone a fixture. Thousands of people will have arranged their lives around that match and in my view it would have to be something much closer to the Leicester squad to justify postponing and rearranging.
They have a game Tuesday I think, which will get postponed. How could they possibly be expected to train in preparation for the match with us, against this kind of backdrop? I fully expect our game against them to be postponed too. Although what has unfolded makes football incidental.

A really tragic accident.

Prayers for their families.

BTW: My post isn't meant to suggest that you hadn't grasped the gravity of the event or its broader impact. I can see where you were trying to come from.