Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
Picks Sol Bamba in his team of the week, but still has to have a dig at us - pompous dickhead.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46172478
I have seen a number of match reports, blogs and messageboard comments that claim our players surrounded and influenced Martin Atkinson after the Stephens 'tackle' on Cunningham. It didn't happen!

I have just re-watched the incident and it is just what I remembered at the time. Gunnar, Ralls and Camerasa are the closest to the ref but none of them are in his face and none of them are remonstrating with him. In fact Gunnar turns away and the other two are 6 feet or more away. The card comes out very quickly based on Atkinson's own (correct) view of what happened.

Paterson definitely gets involved and initiates a scrum of players from both sides pushing and shoving and peacemaking, but that is all directed at Stephens - not the ref. The only time Patto goes near the ref is to receive his telling off and yellow card. However, no doubt the Garth Crooks (and others) version will now become the accepted truth.