With the recent Bellamy debacle putting our academy somewhat under a spotlight of sorts, it has reminded me that since the Ramsey era, our academy has been a complete and under failure. The players that are brought through, are not given a fair crack, namely Declan John comes to mind there. Warnock was quick to criticise it and release a load of players who clearly were not going to make the step up when he first came into the club, fair enough... I don't have a problem with that. However, here we are, over two years later and it's the same old story. Today, why such a strong squad was fielded is completely beyond me, moreover, we didn't even give the youngsters who were included a run out! Nor did we against Norwich in the league cup. It's genuinely pathetic that a club, the only professional club in the city, and the dominant club in the south east of the country cannot recruit and bring through better talent. Maybe we should go west and ask Swansea how they do it ? As far as i'm concerned, if Warnock etc cannot fit them into even cup games, at a minimum, then they either need to be loaned out, or gotten rid of. The academy must cost the club a ridiculous amount of money for what it produces.