yesterday's result aside, I'm at a loss to fully understand why we are so inept in our transfer dealings. Agreed we have a lower wage structure and Warnock's playing style isn't to everyone's taste, but we are a Premier league club outside the bottom 3 with half a season gone.

We make excuse upon excuse why players don't join us, yet Huddersfield who are in deep, deep trouble, are able to get a Liverpool England under 23 full back and Jason Puncheon from Palace already. And I can't see that living in Huddersfield would be any more attractive than Cardiff.

One thing's for certain - Burnley, Fulham, Southampton, all look like they're on the up even before any new signings. We haven't got a chance without significant additions to the squad, but don't give me all this 'I won't bring in anyone who isn't better than what we've got'. We don't have a single fit striker on our books [apart from Healey], so anyone, even a league 1 or championship striker is worth a punt.

I just hope the club hasn't bought into the 'bounce back' concept. It won't happen with this squad. We need to hang on to our Premier League status, and that means going out there and bringing in 2/3 new faces at least..