Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
the thing with this is CB is old school, he put up with the rough times, the banter from other players and coaches, it was the norm for him

Now these days the banter just isnt acceptable

that being said, the stuff he was accused of ( lets not forget this all came about after the player/s were told they were no upto the standard ) just looked like blokey banter, the stuff the generation currently aged 30 plus would have brushed off and not cried to the press
Don't your daughters play sport at a decent level? I'm sure you've said as much on here, apologies if i'm wrong. What if they made the accusations to you about a coach who was singling them out, or humiliating them in front of their peers, how would you react? The problem i have with this thread is that the majority are angling towards Bellamy based on nothing and the under lying theme is one of youngsters being soft as shit these days. The lad or lads in question left home at 16 and went to pursue a career in football miles from home, away from their families, friends and environment in an industry where they have two year to prove themselves against their peers, having a bad day isn't optional-Soft they are not.