I thought I'd stick my neck out on Cardiff City this season for predictions. Two seasons ago I predicted promotion, although there were a lot of doubters around that season. Automatic promotion it was an we were all happy bunnies. Last season I predicted relegation, but let's face it, that was bookies call and msost fans saw that coming. I think reading around the forums what really surprises me this season is the lack of believers in a possible promotion.

Let's look at what we have here!

Goalkeepers - Etheridge not only did well as a keeper last time we got promoted but was excellent in the top flight. He will be a better goalkeeper than last time around. The addition of Day is for backup purposes only, but Smithies and Etheride is a tremendous double act in between the sticks.

Defenders - How can we remain sceptical with largely the same defensive untit (minus a Manga) that got us promoted and a year better and wiser for nearly keeping us in the Premier League? With the addition of Flint to replace Manga this will be a "duck's chuff" tight defence.

Midfield - Yes we have lost Camarassa and Gunnarsson, but Bacuna has good experience and there are enough midfielders in there to hold the fort. The area of doubt, but with the midfield so often bypassed, and the keepers and defence being so good this is the area we can afford to be a little weaker in.

Forwards - Josh Murphy, Bobby Reid, Danny Ward, Paterson, Omar Bogle, Mendez-Laing and Junior Hoilett is "plenty and proven" at this level. I discount Madine as I think we should sell him quickly. So six good forwards for three positions is double-cover. Pace and power - we will be causing a heap of trouble on the counter attack.

With set pieces we also have the aerial bombardments from Morrison and Flint to look forward to. Seriously folks, we are going to have some fun, and we still have one or two signings to come. I have lobbed a £200 bet on a City promotion this season such is my confidence.

Good luck to all flutterers and followers!