Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
I don't think anyone has suggested Tomlin should charge around the field like a headless chicken for ninety minutes. Based on the evidence of recent seasons, his ability to last ninety minutes under any circumstances is questionable, but I guess we'll see if he can during the coming weeks provided Warnock gives him a run in the side.
Well its hardly a secret that hes had his problems, most of them his own doing, and by his own admission he has not lived the life of a professional athlete. Six months without playing competetive football when he went on loan to Peterborough so its not really a surprise he was lacking fitness and wasnt playing 90 minutes week in, week out for them,.

The penny has finally dropped with him it seems but is it too late at 30? Probably, but id prefer he was given one last chance to prove himself because hes one of the few players weve got playing for us who can excite the fans.

Weve got more than enough water carriers in the team to accommodate him in my opinion.

Only at Cardiff City it seems the fans prefer players who can compete and run about than someone with skill. I dont know if its from spending so many years in the dungeon its made our fans that way but for as long as I can remember the triers get more plaudits than the players who can turn a game.

Here are some examples over the years ive been supporting Cardiff.

Gareth Stoker > Jason Fowler
Gareth Ainsworth > Jason Bowen
Gavin Rae > Stephen Mcphail
Aron Gunnarson / Don Cowie > Peter Whittingham
Callum Paterson > Lee Tomlin / Bobby Reid

And my personal favourite Alex Revell > Kenwynne Jones

Jay Bothroyd is the best all round striker ive seen play for City but he used to get dogs abuse from our own fans for being lazy and not running about like a headless chicken. If he he had the stamina to do that added to the other qualities in his game he wouldnt have been anywhere near the Championship.

Sometimes youve just got to admit that players at this level have their flaws, and unfortunately stamina is one of the flaws of Tomlins game.