Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
..well not quite, but Derby were able to put a far stronger side than us out tonight yet we matched them throughout - probably looked a bit stronger than them at the end. I was expecting one-way traffic tonight, but was pleasantly surprised. Glatzel's no Bothroyd, Paterson's no McPhail, and Bacuna's no Gunnarson, but they all did their jobs.

For me, the big difference since 2017/8 is Ralls is the most accomplished midfielder we have, yet in 2017/8 I reckoned he was the weakest. Perhaps sums up how lacking in quality we are in that area..
Derby have lost, arguably, their best three players from last season and have not won since the opening day this time around so I'm not sure about them having a far stronger side than us even allowing for our injuries. I just think that having been, by some way the best of the three relegated sides last season and with money from parachute payments and outgoing transfers to help us out, we should be producing more than we did tonight.

I thought Ralls was probably our best midfielder in 17/18 when you consider that Gunnarsson was missing from the side for so long, but I know what you mean because he was third or fourth choice for us last season and yet I think we would really miss him if he was to get injured now.