Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
I find it difficult to see the point of the temporary drugs. I thought the whole idea in not waiting for adulthood for people to transition is so its less complicated later on and that puberty blocking was there to enable that. I don't know the full facts either but I don't think you'd necessarily catch up with puberty especially after being chemically suppressed.

Fair enough, I assumed when you were talking about tabloids you meant the right wing press and as there'd been a link to Spiked I conflated it all as one side versus the other.
The temporary drugs delay puberty until adulthood so an easy transition can be made if it's deemed right after years of therapy. Stop taking the drugs and puberty happens, like nothing was ever changed.

A lot of papers are printing a lot of anti trans stuff that just isn't true at the moment, and a lot of it is following very similar criticisms that gay people were faced with. Like people being asked if they were gay and this making them gay. It's all bollocks created to sell papers and spark outrage amongst people who believe everything they read without checking it's correct.