Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
Let me unpick this a bit for you.

Gluey thought his banker troll post of the day was to take a paragraph of a blog by a virologist and post it as if he had said the words himself. The complete opposite of his usual MO which is to post someone else's words or video showing how itk he is but without any commentary about what this proves.

Presumably the aim this time was to suck people into how utterly outlandish the quote was and then point out they weren't his words but those of a respected Professor.

Unfortunately Lardy sussed it within minutes of the post and others provided the context. The context being the Professor's words clearly set out that the stringent measures in place here and elsewhere provide the justification that the ultimate health toll of this will be akin to seasonal flu, not that this will happen naturally.

You probably got the backlash of the frustration that his jolly wheeze had blown up spectacularly in his face.
Yeah, I did a bit of a double take when I clicked that link and read it - I thought cheeky bugger, he's only gone and copied what Gluey said word for word!