Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
You're using this sort of language repeatedly. There is no evidence for it and it's really not helpful.

There is a chance we'll have lock-downs for five years or more, not every chance.

As for being in the same position in November 2020, or 2022, or 2024, the fact of the matter is that you have no more idea what the situation will be then than anybody else does, although you like to make it sound like you do.
What is the evidence you have seen that means you can categorically rule this scenario out? I've been looking, and I can't see anything. Therefore, what makes my scenario (based on the lack of knowledge on immunisation, the lack of a vaccine, the inability to test enough of the population of practically every country) more unhelpful than the scenario that life will be back to normal in time for Christmas. I have not said anywhere that this WILL happen.

The Spanish flu was with us for 2 years - this was exacerbated by people returning from war and malnourishment. It died a natural way, but at a time when people weren't travelling all 4 corners of the globe. How easy do you think it will be to contain a second wave that originates in America or Australia or India?