Firstly, this thread isn't aimed towards glorifying thuggery or bad behaviour. I'm sure that many of us who travelled away on a regular basis ended up in situations that could've or did end up going to wrong way, even if we weren't looking for trouble, such was the reputation of our fans for many years. Some may be funny, like Sludge in Mothercare (any excuse) some may not be so humourous and may have terrified you. Here's mine;

Remember the FA cup game against QPR at Loftus Rd, think it was 1990. I was on the coach that stopped off at Chievley services and some of our fans started to smash the place up for no apparent reason. Being 18 and thinking that i was a tough guy i decided to karate kick a bin outside the services front entrance, it was one of those bins with a small 8" by 4" opening on the side of the bin towards the top ( that's 200mm by 100mm approx for our younger viewers) my foot went straight through the opening and i couldn't get it out as hard as i tried. The police were in hysterics and were calling me all sorts, really rubbing it in (deservedly) they just left me there as people walked past and laughed. I eventually got my foot out, covered in ketchup. I had the piss taken out of me for the entire journey. Needless to say, i didn't kick anymore bins after that!