Well that was an eerie experience. Courtesy of the status of my employer (rather than having any symptoms myself), I have just returned from Tiverton having attended a drive-in Coronavirus test administered by the Army. It involves stopping the car at the first station in a sealed-off car park, being instructed to wind the window up until otherwise advised and to ring the mobile number of the masked army recruit who stood near the car.
Through my car window he scanned a QR number on my phone and which I had been sent in advance and indicated that I should proceed to the next station where another recruit held up a number for me to ring him on.
After a brief conversation I was asked to lower the passenger window for long enough for him to drop a small box on the seat. I was then instructed to raise the window and call another recruit who went through the contents and instructions, which were to park up a few yards away and use apply the swab to one's tonsils for 10 seconds (and I had to gag a couple of times) and then insert it up a nostril for 15 seconds and as far in that it met resistance (and I suggest that it's best not to do it in reverse order). Then bagged it into a vial, blew my nose into a tissue and put both vial and tissue into a Bio-hazard bag and proceeded to the third station whereupon I rang another mobile number indicated and, as instructed, opened my csr window and dropped it into a plastic box at the third station and set off for home. I should know the result in the next fex days as to whether I have it (extremely unlikely, I think).