Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
I didn't have you marked down as a conspiracy theorist, Steve. You've surprised me.

I believe the truth is relatively simple: we have a government cabinet packed with hopeless, inexperienced incompetents who are desperately trying to deal with a situation that, despite clear warnings stretching back decades, they were almost totally unprepared for and they treated far too nonchalantly during the early stages.

Absolutely nothing in Boris Johnson's background suggested he was going to make a good Prime Minister and very little in the backgrounds of those he chose as his leading players in the cabinet suggested they were going to be any more competent than he is.

Still, at least we've taken back control......
My last paragraph was a bit tongue in cheek Dave but this lot in power do remind me of a film I saw years ago, can’t remember the name, it was a period piece and during a battle scene the toffs in charge were sat in armchairs on a hill overlooking the carnage below quaffing port, munching on hocks waited on by the luckier minions who weren’t involved in the fighting. I do think that Johnson is part of a set who don’t particularly give a shite about the masses. Hang on perhaps it wasn’t tongue in cheek