Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
It was a way of life. I know people from all sorts of backgrounds who are / were involved with recreational drugs or hard drugs. Some of the worst heroin / crack addicts I know come from well to do family’s and good homes.

This notion that all heroin or crack addicts have a horrific back story and are just using drugs as an escape to block it out is poppycock and the sort of text book bullshit that people who’ve never used drugs or experienced that lifestyle come out with. There are some victims of course there are but there are many more out there playing the victim and are conniving scum bags. Telling these people they are not to blame and excusing their actions (muggings, burglary) just seems to be the go to excuse to plead for leniency for their wrong doings.
I can’t disagree.

Once certain drugs become a lifestyle, help is difficult to offer after a certain amount of times of being burned.

My cousin who was and still is deep down a lovely lad.
Succumbed and now his kids who were born addicted to heroin and have their struggles while my Uncle has tried in vain to help, where he really should have no business trying to do so at his age.