Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
The graph showing people in hospital with Covid-19 in Wales shows there has not been the decline that has been seen in other areas of the UK. Some of this may be down to a change in the methods of reporting. It looks, though, that there are more people in hospital with Covid-19 in Wales than there are in London. Considering density of population, plus the fact that the population of London is almost 3 times that of Wales, then easing the lockdown in some of those areas in your link is rightly being done more gradually in Wales.
If anyone is interested, this is a pretty detailed breakdown of the situation in Wales with regard to the stats by area and it's dated yesterday.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-52380643

Overall, I'd say they definitely tell the tale of an improving situation and it's good to see that the very high infection rates in this country compared to the rest of the country are not being reflected in positions right at the top of the deaths by area figures. However, the analysis strikes me as a bit vague when it comes to the concerning infection rates which has Welsh regions dominating at the top end of the cases per 100,000 figures - my guess is that, while places like RCT and Merthyr have plenty of wide open spaces, the populations tend to be very tightly packed into rows and rows of small, terraced houses making spreading the virus so much easier.