From the last few games I've been looking at what happens to goal kicks, punts and free kicks from Smithies. Against the Jacks only 4 kicks from the 20 I noted did we gain meaningful possession (two touches in succession). Against Brum in second half from 14 kicks we gained possession twice. That seems to me a very low return and wonder if we need to vary it with some shorter stuff.... most other teams do and it usually leads to a much higher level of possession.

Over the last 6 games it's been wonderful to see our strikers scoring regularly. Glatzel now has 3 from 6 but that was only from 190 minutes so actually the equivalent of two games. Moore was got 4 goals from 5 games. Combined that is a tremendous strike rate recently. What makes this even more special for me is that I think the service to these two has generally been poor. Their conversion rate of chances created is really high. We are almost in Chopra Bothroyd territory but over a short period of time. And if Glatzel had scored from that pen today.......