I was reading an article about Jamie Vardy earlier today that mentioned he'd only scored four Championship goals for Leicester during his first season at the King Power Stadium.

That surprised me, so I took a closer look at Vardy's record that season and I also had a look at the respective line-ups when City played Leicester during the 2012/13 campaign. The second game between the sides on 12/03/2013 ended in a 1-1 draw at the Cardiff City Stadium, with Rudy Gestede netting an injury time equaliser for the Bluebirds.

The Cardiff squad that day didn't include a single player who is currently playing in the Premier League. Not one.

By contrast, the Leicester starting line-up included Kasper Schmeichel and Wes Morgan (both still with the Foxes), Michael Keane (now at Everton), Jeffrey Schlupp (now with Crystal Palace) and Chris Wood (now at Burnley), while Jamie Vardy (still at Leicester) and Harry Kane (currently at Spurs) came on as second half substitutes.

I don't know what, if anything, that says about player recruitment at both clubs, but I thought it was interesting all the same.